cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail

MenryG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I hate recording the greeting message for my voicemail. Is there a way for it to be automated? like with my last provider it was an automated voice saying: Hi you have reached *my phone number* please leave a message

Is there a way I can have that with PM?

9 REPLIES 9

Interesting @Camera4617 - thanks for advising.

I got it from a public mobile get help article.

I see the menu settings may be based on what is currently set. 

@Anonymous Thanks for pointing out the fix to @Camera4617 .

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous Yep, that did it.. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Camera4617 : Did you try this one?

Camera4617

@bw0 Thanks, but I don't have any personal greeting, if I press 4 (to delete) it says 'Invalid Entry'.. Anyway, not a big deal for me.. 

bw0
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Camera4617 

You just need to delete all the personal greetings that you had recorded (hit 4 while in the Personal Greetings menu), and the system default greeting ("You have reached mailbox number...") should automatically become active. You can verify by hitting 1 while in the Personal Greetings menu.

Camera4617

@HALIMACS  Thanks for the chart, but it might be a bit out-of-date. There is no option 6 for System Default greeting (at least for me), it just says 'invalid entry'.. Unless I'm doing something wrong here.

Thanks

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @MenryG 

Check out this schematic for how to let the system greeting be selected:  (once you're in your voicemail box, tap 3, then 1, then 6, and a system greeting will play)

To access your voicemail box, hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad. You can also access your voicemail from a landline or any other phone line, by dialing your 10-digit phone number, selecting ‘Send’ or ‘Call’ and then pressing ‘*’ to skip the system greeting.

How to change your greeting

Dial into your voicemail. From the main menu, follow the arrows in the below visual.

HALIMACS_0-1612648301032.png

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@MenryG wrote:

I hate recording the greeting message for my voicemail. Is there a way for it to be automated? like with my last provider it was an automated voice saying: Hi you have reached *my phone number* please leave a message

Is there a way I can have that with PM?

@MenryG   If you didn't set any voicemail greeting yet, then your greeting would remain as the default automated greeting of "you have reached mailbox # 123 456 7890" (your tel. no.) and then will give options to the caller to leave their message.  If you have already set the greeting and want to change it now, then use @esjliv  link and you should be able to reset it back the default greeting.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @MenryG ,

Try checking out this and see what options you have when you go into your Voice mail settings:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=phones&subcategory=voicemail-features

Need Help? Let's chat.