cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail unavailable

zyad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I hold the 1 it says ''voicemail unavailable'' and it says to go to menu-settings.

When I go to the settings and there is nothing relevant that can resolve the issue? Whats going on I need my voicemail!

What to do??

15 REPLIES 15

Applefight321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Go to settings, search for voice-mail. In the settings it has a category called voice-mail. The number that should link to your actual voice-mail. Maybe that'll help

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@zyad wrote:

When I hold the 1 it says ''voicemail unavailable'' and it says to go to menu-settings.

When I go to the settings and there is nothing relevant that can resolve the issue? Whats going on I need my voicemail!

What to do??

@zyad  - did you ever get the voicemail to work on your phone?

Check out the available Voicemail Access Numbers here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

@Anonymous wrote:

@zyad : A couple suggestions here are saying to set that voicemail number as your number. No. You set it to a PM voicemail access number like +17785804001. There are many numbers across the country but with Canada-wide calling it doesn't matter.

You also set the forwarding numbers to that number.

My phone works fine with the voicemail set to my number.

@Anonymous Guess you'd proven me wrong...again:

Old dogs CAN learn new tricks!  😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zyad : Edit: A couple suggestions here are saying to set that voicemail number as your number. No. You set it to a PM voicemail access number like +17785804001. There are many numbers across the country but with Canada-wide calling it doesn't matter.

You also set the forwarding numbers to that number.

Edit: how about that. I would suggest that the right number is the 580 number but yes indeed that works. Thanks @t_p . \/

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@zyad wrote:

It's working! when I call my number it's working. When I dial 1 (like I always did) it's not working

@zyad 

That's why I said your speed dial is not set up correctly. You need to reset it, check the instructions of your phone or take example from my first post.

zyad

It's working! when I call my number it's working. When I dial 1 (like I always did) it's not working

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@zyad wrote:

huawei p20 pro

@zyad 

When you call your own number, what do you get?

zyad

huawei p20 pro

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zyad 

check your voicemail deposit/access number, dial one of:

*#61#

or

*#62#

or

*#67#

for Android Voicemail Set Up

follow the below instructions:

1. Tap the three dots (upper right corner of screen)
  2. Tap “settings”
  3. Tap “voicemail”
  4. Tap “advanced settings”
  5. Tap "setup
  6. Tap “voicemail number
  7. Enter your 10-digit phone number and Tap “OK
  8. and do Rebooting your phone..

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@zyad wrote:

Yes the number 1 is already attributed to voicemail

@zyad 

Try changing the voicemail number to your phone number. Do a reboot and try again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zyad wrote:

yes just did that 2 min ago. Its not working. It says the same message when I hold the number 1 

@zyad 

Check your voicemail messages from other device (publicmobile.ca)

what your device brand.

zyad

yes just did that 2 min ago. Its not working. It says the same message when I hold the number 1 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@zyad 

Set up Voicemail (publicmobile.ca)

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

zyad

Yes the number 1 is already attributed to voicemail

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@zyad wrote:

What to do??

@zyad 

You have to set up the speed dial #1 for voicemail:

Call settings>Calls>Voicemail>Set up or something similar on your phone

Need Help? Let's chat.