cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail setup charge

spacecadet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have been deducted 7 min from the 50 min allotted in $10, 30 day plan for 7 calls to my cell phone number just trying to setup my voicemail ! I thought this would happen only when trying to read my voicemail messages.  I had tried to set up from a land line phone but the system does not allow initial password assignment. Is this normal ? Did I overlook something ?

7 REPLIES 7

spacecadet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great thanks to all of you guys. I will definitely consider either boosting my plan with the $5/ 500 min add-on or upgrade to the $15 - 30 day plan

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Use a landline.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@spacecadet  You can set voice mail up and make changes to it using a landline. Phone your number and when it answers press * star key, then  your voice mail PIN.  Good luck

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@spacecadet wrote:

i have been deducted 7 min from the 50 min allotted in $10, 30 day plan for 7 calls to my cell phone number just trying to setup my voicemail ! I thought this would happen only when trying to read my voicemail messages.  I had tried to set up from a land line phone but the system does not allow initial password assignment. Is this normal ? Did I overlook something ?

When you are on the $10 plan you must viligant with your texts and calls as they can be used up very quickly because they are counted with incoming and outgoing. The $5/500 min add on is a great option to extend your talking minutes and be aware there is no texting add on. You would be well advised to change to the $15 plan on your next renewal or when you run out of your texts/minutes. Consider this... for $5 more you get unlimited texts/incoming calls and 100 outgoing minutes. Much easier to manage your outgoing minutes and you can remind your friends and family to call you. Or text  someone to call you. The $5/500min can supplement your outgoing calls rather than being used for all calls in the $10 plan. Since they roll over they will last way longer. And if you set up Auto pay you will get 250mb of bonus data and $2 reward making it $13 just $3 more than your paying now and way less of a headache tracking every call and text.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@spacecadet wrote:

It's just like airtime. You're using the phone to call something.

Unfortunately it's too late for you now but there is a way to set up the voicemail without using the handset.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@spacecadet wrote:

If you need more minutes, consider getting the $5 - 500minute add-on. You'll get 500 minutes of Canada wide calling for $5...those minutes roll over until consumed by you. Sweet deal really if you're on a time budgetted plan like yours.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Every dial in is counted against your allowance

You could ask moderators to give you either some credit or maybe change your counter to reflect that. No guarantees but with trying

I would reset the pin and try again from the landline

Need Help? Let's chat.