cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail not working

arshadw2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used to receive voicemails and could hear them also on my phone. Recently, when I play the voicemail it plays a small beep sound and I cannot hear anything. Once I hang up, after a few minutes, it automatically updates to show a new voicemail when there was no call or missed call either. I tried to access it again but it plays the beep sound. My inbox is not full either. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@arshadw2 can you try dialing any one of the national voicemail numbers listed in this link?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

If dialing from your mobile, it should immediately either ask for your PIN or go straight to telling you how many messages you have. If dialing from any other line, first enter your 10 digit mobile number, then press * during your greeting, then enter your PIN.

I'm also curious if you might have accidentally erased your greeting with a few seconds of silence? Do you hear your proper greeting when dialing your voicemail from another line?

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

First of all, make sure someone left a real message, if you are sure they left a real message, try to restart your phone or contact MOD to check the problems. Since sometimes we are receiving spam call and no real message left.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@arshadw2 Did you make a payment recently? Can you access your voicemail if you dial your number? Thanks. It sounds like your service didn't reset properly. You could try in order:

1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
  2. Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
  3. From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 
  4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

You can also look at @Jb456 's answer to another voicemail problem. See link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-access-my-voicemail/m-p/509287/high...

@arshadw2 wrote:

I used to receive voicemails and could hear them also on my phone. Recently, when I play the voicemail it plays a small beep sound and I cannot hear anything. Once I hang up, after a few minutes, it automatically updates to show a new voicemail when there was no call or missed call either. I tried to access it again but it plays the beep sound. My inbox is not full either. Please help.

Need Help? Let's chat.