Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail error message: you don't have an active long distance add-on

rosstermon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

hi,

i live in montreal, quebec.

i reset my voicemail (vm) password using the button in my account.

then I went to set up my vm, and when I dial into my vm, to try to set up my vm, I get an error message saying I don't have an active long distance add on and the call hangs up.

so i don't get the chance to set up my vm. 

does someone know about this?

let me know

thanks

ross

104 REPLIES 104

rosstermon

my plan is $10, I have mins left,
my phone number is 514-83X-XXXX

thanks

rosstermon

i have mins left

thanks

rosstermon

yes, $10 plan, no, I did not use up my minutes

thanks

rosstermon

galaxy s6 with $10 plan and yes I have mins left in my account

thanks

rosstermon

the call did not go through.

thanks

rosstermon

hi all,

so, I am on the $10 plan.

my phone number is 514-83X-XXXX

the number does not appear when I push and hold key 1.

I have NOT used up my 50 mins per month.

yes, IF the vm is dialing to a long distance number, I can see that being a problem. what number do montreal people dial to get their vm?

thanks

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rosstermon wrote:

hi,

then I went to set up my vm, and when I dial into my vm, to try to set up my vm, I get an error message saying I don't have an active long distance add on and the call hangs up.

let me know

thanks

ross

Based on the current responses in order to better assist you perhaps you can share your plan info and what area the number you have is for.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@computergeek541, it maybe the lack of an addon on the $10 plan.  It’s the only plan that runs out of minutes, so it would be looking for an addon.  I can not confirm, as I don’t have a $10 plan.

I can't test as I have minutes and the LD add-on.

@computergeek541, it maybe the lack of an addon on the $10 plan.  It’s the only plan that runs out of minutes, so it would be looking for an addon.  I can not confirm, as I don’t have a $10 plan.

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to see you here 🙂

Yes...what plan are you on? If the $10 plan, you may have used up your 50 minutes. If a data only plan then no wonder. 🙂

I'm not 100% certain but I believe that the message would be more along the lines of "you don't have a talk plan" in those two scenarios.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rosstermon wrote:

hi,

let me know

thanks

ross

Good to see you here 🙂

Yes...what plan are you on? If the $10 plan, you may have used up your 50 minutes. If a data only plan then no wonder. 🙂

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Are you doing this from your smartphone or a land phone?

@rosstermon wrote:

hi,

let me know

thanks

ross

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Try dialing 1 (your area code) 580 4001.

@rosstermon wrote:

This shouldn't be happening.

First what, number is your phone dialing when you try to dial your voice mail?  Is it a number in Quebec?

Also, what price plan are you on?  Does it include only provinvical calling or does it include Canada-wide calling?

I am thinking that this isn't anything specific to your voicemail account, but rather something to do with the system refusing to let you place calls to some destinations that you're supposed to be able to.

I would try dialing some other phone numbers, and this could confirm that to be the case, especially if you can't dial other phones numbers that you're supposed to be able to.

Some people have reported some sucesss from temporarily reporting the phone as lost/stolen for a few minutes, and then re-enabling service.  This can sometimes somehow reset something on Public Mobile's end.

When customers can't call numbers that they know are incldued in the plan, we've been told before that this is an account provisioning issue.

I would go ahead and send that message to the moderators as we were discussing earlier.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.