Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voice prompt language in French (need English)- NOT voicemail

wongluk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI all

new to the community

I signed up for public mobile, for some unknown reason all the phone voice prompts are in French (for example, when I forgot the dial area code, or when someone calls me but my line is busy)

voicemail was initially in frenchtoo but I was able to change it back to Enlgish. except there is no option to change other voice prompts to English from French.

moderator please help

9 REPLIES 9

Martha_m
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you!

@Martha_m wrote:

Hello Mary. I am having the same problem. Everything is in French. Could you please switch my account to English. Also, my voucher is not being accepted via the website or via 611. I had a friend translate. Please help!

M

@Martha_m   I don't think Mary_M still works here but you can contact Moderator_Team by clicking on the envelope icon top right of your post or this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To hear back from them can take anywhere from 2-48 hours.

Martha_m
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Mary. I am having the same problem. Everything is in French. Could you please switch my account to English. Also, my voucher is not being accepted via the website or via 611. I had a friend translate. Please help!

M

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_M 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

It's my pleasure 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

wongluk

thanks for quick respond!!!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @wongluk,

It seems like your account was set-up in French, but I have just changed it to English. Please power cycle and try it out 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

wongluk

my address is in Markham and I have a 647 number...weird

how to I request moderator @Mary_M  ??? I am new to this...

thanks

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @wongluk!  

Is Quebec your home province?  That would be the likely cause.

Lets request @Mary_M to look into this and see if the language can be changed.  

Need Help? Let's chat.