cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@$#%^%#

mrmcgoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have activate my sim card online. Put it into my phone and it has asked for the code. Put the code in and it was rejecte 9 times now

28 REPLIES 28

Stevesubject

You may have to call your old provider again. After you give them the IMEM or whatever number it is they can unlock the phone remotely. It can take upto 6 hours to do so. However if the unlock sequence was somehow interrupted you may have to contact the past provider and retry an unlock sequence. 

Bell seems to be the worst when trying to unlock anything. They take their sweet time and it seems like they do this to contact you to either stay or with them. 

Food for thought however it doesn’t hurt to have your old provider try another unlock sequence for it before giving up. 

As for entering the wrong code 9 times it will lock you out for an hour initially. If you have an iCloud account for your iPhone you can reset the code  

joepublic

@mrmcgoo wrote:

What is a vpn? and what do I do with it so my phone connects with Data?

APN
f you need to know where to find the settings:
Android
Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Iphone
Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Cellular Network
OR
Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Mobile Data Network.

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F
Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

mrmcgoo

What is a vpn? and what do I do with it so my phone connects with Data?

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@mrmcgoo wrote:

I want to thank everone that contributed to helping minimise my frustration. I see I should have engaged in dialog much earlier before I was is full rant mode. I understand this is a community of people who actually want to participate is resolving issues. I am not prone to drama just conditioned to dealing with atomatons viewing me as a comodity on their computer screen. for that I apologise. My old phone was unlocked and worked fine. This was accomplished four hissy fits later and a simple call to Bell. The replacement Iphone was not properly unlocked by the store it was bought and I will be visiting them today. Newest dilema (expressing earley before personal escalation) is now there is no cannectivity with data. Was snooping around phone setting and found Public mobile and turned it on. Still nothing. Will keep trudging along. If there is any input to expediate this it will be appreciated.... 

You need to make sure you have the correct apn settings on yourphone. The best way to do it is to go to this site:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

mrmcgoo

I want to thank everone that contributed to helping minimise my frustration. I see I should have engaged in dialog much earlier before I was is full rant mode. I understand this is a community of people who actually want to participate is resolving issues. I am not prone to drama just conditioned to dealing with atomatons viewing me as a comodity on their computer screen. for that I apologise. My old phone was unlocked and worked fine. This was accomplished four hissy fits later and a simple call to Bell. The replacement Iphone was not properly unlocked by the store it was bought and I will be visiting them today. Newest dilema (expressing earley before personal escalation) is now there is no cannectivity with data. Was snooping around phone setting and found Public mobile and turned it on. Still nothing. Will keep trudging along. If there is any input to expediate this it will be appreciated.... 

@mrmcgoo On the iPhone question, please put the PM SIM into the phone, power it off completely, then turn it back on. Tell us the exact message that appears on the screen.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mrmcgoo wrote:

Thanks. The Iphone was supposed to be unlocked. So thearetically I should have just put this sim card in and away we go. It was bought from a phone store that is of corse closed now.......Wood chipper...... If it cannot get sorted tonight

Not, not the chipper!  The iPhone SE is a great phone!  The "SIM Not Supported" message indeed indicates that it's locked to another carrier.

Can you remove the SIM card, so that you can navigate through a few things?  Tap on Settings, select General, and then About.  What shows up under "Carrier" (just below Version)?  This will give you an indication of what SIM was most recently active in the phone, and likely the company that would have to unlock it.  If there's nothing there, then the previous owner/company may have reset it, and it'll take a bit more effort, unfortunately.

I certainly wouldn't say the phone deserves the chipper treatment... a bit of effort and patience and it has the potential to serve you really well!  Keep us posted...

@mrmcgoo If neither your Bell or PM SIM cards work in either phone, there is a good chance your phone number has already transferred to Public Mobile. This means you must gain access to your Public Mobile account.

I have two suggestions for you:

a) in order to at least make phone calls get the application from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. Do this by connecting your phone to wifi.

b) give us a point by point description of what you did to get a Public Mobile SIM and activate it.

I am sure we can give you step by step instructions. It will be easier if your work with us from a computer and not your phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mrmcgoo wrote:

Thanks. The Iphone was supposed to be unlocked. So thearetically I should have just put this sim card in and away we go. It was bought from a phone store that is of corse closed now.......Wood chipper...... If it cannot get sorted tonight

@mrmcgoo I know you're frustrated by please, power down the wood chipper.  Since you're having iPhone issues, I'm going to tag @CalgaryBen to see if he has any suggestions.  I think he can tell you how to check if it's actually unlocked, for example.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mrmcgoo

zigkiss

I had this issue yesterday when I activated. I hadn't read anything about this problem so it was frustrating, don't know why I hadn't read anything about this before signing up.

Anyway I have an unlocked phone I bought straight from Samsung but it was saying the same message you got. I had to call customer support at Samsung and get an unlock code. The code worked. My son's phone worked fine right away and his is bought from Bell unlocked.

I would contact Bell and get an unlock code.

mrmcgoo

Sorry. In a bit of a tizzy. Four months. The first month because of it being pre pay doesn't show on that balance.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mrmcgoo wrote:

Your right. There is reason people get me to do the stuff they can't. So back to those other guys I guess. The pal that covinced me to do this is going to give me a call in a bit if it doesn't get sorted then i Guess buy yet another phone. The question is....I bought six months of time on here. Is there a way to get it back if We cannot get this sorted? 

I wouldn't buy another phone until you're sure you need to, and depends on which carrier you go with. If possible, ask your pal to help you with that.

What plan did you activate? 

When you say 'you bought six months of time', do you mean the vouchers/cards?

If it's the vouchers you're referring to, have they been loaded into your account?  When you log into your Self Serve account, you will see 'Available Funds', showing the amount - what $ amount does it show? 

mimmo

No, but you could ask for a funds transfer to a friend. Mods will do that occasionally. 

Just remember, both phones appear to be locked to their old provider. 

The LG might need a special code from bell as you might have entered the wrong code too many times.  The second code is called network unlock puk

@mrmcgoo wrote:

Thanks. Looked at that. I appreciate your help. But pretend your talking to a three year old. I can dissasemble an E type and put it back together and win trophies. But this stuff ...... So long and short of it is I need to go down a long technical rabbit hole to solve this....Or go back to where I was before and have to buy yet another phone. Is there any way to get my six months pre pay back?

One other option...do you have a 12 year old relative close by ? You'll be amazed at how fast they understand these "complexities". Good luck, wherever you go.

mrmcgoo

Your right. There is reason people get me to do the stuff they can't. So back to those other guys I guess. The pal that covinced me to do this is going to give me a call in a bit if it doesn't get sorted then i Guess buy yet another phone. The question is....I bought six months of time on here. Is there a way to get it back if We cannot get this sorted? 

srlawren

@mrmcgoo I'm not going to say this from anywhere but a helpful place and I'm not trying to be mean at all, but.... Public Mobile is very much a self-serve no-frills model and to be honest, it's not for everybody.  It sounds to me like you might be better served by sticking with one of the higher tier brands, where you'd hav acceess to support by phone or by walking into a retail location.  I know it costs more per month, but especially since you say this line is the main phone number for your auto restoration business, honestly, I think you may want to consider spending the extra to stick with a more traditional provider.  You do indeed get what you pay for, and for some consumers with a personal line and some basic technology know-how, Public can be a good fit, but we (the community, fellow customers like yourself) usually don't recommend trying to run your business with this service.  

Take this for what it's worth, and I'd be delighted if you manage to work this issue out and stay, but I just wanted to put that out there for consideration.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mrmcgoo

Thanks. Looked at that. I appreciate your help. But pretend your talking to a three year old. I can dissasemble an E type and put it back together and win trophies. But this stuff ...... So long and short of it is I need to go down a long technical rabbit hole to solve this....Or go back to where I was before and have to buy yet another phone. Is there any way to get my six months pre pay back?

mrmcgoo

hang on. Going to try this self serve. Be right back.

haven't the foggiest on how to look for networks.

And the LG..... Factory settings?

Going to try that self serve. And check active or something....

mimmo

when i google iphone sim card not supported it say that the phone is locked. this means you need to contact the carroer that the phone is locked to and get them to unock it

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201328

mrmcgoo

The Iphone says the sim is not supported

mrmcgoo

I am a guy as of now wants the path of least resistance. Go buy anoother phone. Grovel to bell. I made a mistake as this is my companys main number. Call the purchase of the Iphone the six months I prepaid a loss?

I restore cars for a living. All these acronyms are like a different language.

mimmo

@mrmcgoo   so whats happening with the iphone?  nothing works?  some things work?  have you tried manually searching for networks?

when you loginto selfserve does your account say active?    the more details you provide the easier it will be for someone to help.

as for teh g5 once it is unlicked you will need to do a network settings reset or possibly a factory reset to get the data working

mrmcgoo

Sorry. I was led to believe this was going to be easy. So basically I have my old phone. Which now won't work with Bell. I have the Iphone that won't work on either. What now? The wood chipper?

mimmo

most phones allow i believe 10 tries to before locking the phone to the old provider then you might need a network unlock PUK.  again all this needs to be received from bell.

mrmcgoo

Sorry. A little flustered. The phone I had was an LG5 and it was with Bell Mobility. I bought an Iphone se and it doesn't work in either. The Iphone is unlocked

mrmcgoo

Bell

mimmo

what code did it ask for?  was it a network unlock code?  if yes your old provider needs to give it to you.  you might have locked your phone after 9 tries... is it asking for a new code now?

what is the phone who is the orriginal provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.