Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to transfer the phone number you entered

pmpsammarco
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Using my wife's old iphone 5. 

Got Fido to unlock it.

Got PM SIM card inserted.

Logged on to my PM account, and under Plans and Add-Ons>Change Phone Number, I select "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider" and enter my current phone number which is still active. But I get this error message:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

Now what do I do?

4 REPLIES 4

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There could be a few reasons why your number cannot be ported:

1. you've cancelled the plan with your current service provider (in your case Fido)

2. the LNP (local number portability) is part of a group of business numbers (exampe: range 555-555-0001 to 555-555-9999; you can't take 555-555-5555 & port it)

3. the number you're trying to port is not withing what's known as "local" (trying to port a number outside local area)

To be 100% sure; you'll need to contact a mod and they'll look into for your (link).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pmpsammarco 

I'm not clear on your chronology.

Did you activate a new SIM and create the self-serve account and take a new number?

Now you want to transfer an active Fido number to this new account?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pmpsammarco wrote:

Using my wife's old iphone 5. 

Got Fido to unlock it.

Got PM SIM card inserted.

Logged on to my PM account, and under Plans and Add-Ons>Change Phone Number, I select "Transfer a wireless or wireline number from another provider" and enter my current phone number which is still active. But I get this error message:

We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Select a new number.

Now what do I do?
-  Select a new number.

@pmpsammarco Best to contact the moderator team for assistance. Include the account number, account name and number. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Need Help? Let's chat.