cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to send local picture message

nnima
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I hardly use community or even my phone plan. Have 2 issues, appreciate your help;

1) at the time of sign up last year, I received a 3GB data which was supposed to not expire. Never used it. I don't see it in my Plan any more. 

2) I am trying to send a local picture message, it keeps saying "sending" but does not send. I thought my  $25 plan included international text and video messaging.

Please help.

Thanks, 

15 REPLIES 15

eddiehuang33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This may be because of the way the wifi system is set up. If you are using an iphone it may be unable to send due to imessage so you may want to disable that and then try sending with data turned on

@nnima  how long you have been on PM? 

the monthly 1GB does not carry over to next month even it is untouched.  So, at the beginning of each cycle, 1GB from previous month would be gone whether it was used or not,  you get a fresh 1GB for the 30 days. 

The couple GB I was talking about that  stay on your account without expiry were those data add-on you bought or those from the holiday giveaway (there were from Dec last couple years)

1. Turn Data on to send a pic 

2. Turn Data off all the time and only turn it on when you need to use it. 

3. Consider the $15 plan with 2 $5 500 Min Canada Wide add-ons. The unused add -on rolls over every month. 

@nnima 

So have you not been using data since you signed up? Do you ever remember seeing the 3gb of bonus add on data?

There was a promocode that you had to sign up up your email and activate with the same email and apply the promocode FREE3GB to recieve the bonus 3gb data add on. If it appeared in your account it would look like the screenshot below. 

Its possible it didn't ever apply....if you don't remember seeing it. Your best bet would be to search  your account email for public mobile in the search bar for the email. I believe the sign up was May 23rd to 26th 2020 with the expiry of the promocode/ activation deadline of June 30th 2020.

Moderators should be able to see if there was an error or if it was applied. The email containing the promocode matching your account email would be your best evidence to get it applied. 

BTW log into the community at the beginning of December to collect the "more the merrier" free data and international minutes add on gifts from pm by selecting them in your self serve account.

Screenshot_20210705-105905~2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nnima : How sure are you then that you even got it at the start? Might you possibly see it to the right under your name and all? When exactly-ish did you sign up?

nnima

I did not check my account last month so don't know if it was there.

I have 1GB of data each month which have never used (since the sign up).  Right now I am at 3.76mb. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nnima : What worked? If you're on a lower priced plan then perhaps you used your plan data frequently which then moves on to add-on data. Maybe now over all this time...it's gone too.

@nnima  it likely meant used up already.

do you recall seeing it last month?  if so, your phone mobile data usage might  be able to give you some hint.. if phone's data usage showing a lot of usage, then it means you did use it..  Maybe you turned on without aware

or as I said, try to go to usage history , check the web usage for the past month or as many as 4 months to see if the usage makes sense

nnima

Thank you, it worked. 

Any idea why I do not see my 3gb data in my account as available?

Thanks again,

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nnima wrote:

Hi, 

I hardly use community or even my phone plan. Have 2 issues, appreciate your help;

1) at the time of sign up last year, I received a 3GB data which was supposed to not expire. Never used it. I don't see it in my Plan any more. 

2) I am trying to send a local picture message, it keeps saying "sending" but does not send. I thought my  $25 plan included international text and video messaging.

Please help.

Thanks, 

1.  the 3GB were from the holiday give-a-way?  Yes, they won't expired.  If you don't see it on My Account Overview Tab, that means they are all used.   

Unless you are sure you saw it last month or at least you are sure you remember seeing it there last 2 or 3 months, then, you can try to go back and Usage History and lookup the Web traffic and see if can you add up the usage.   However, if you are not sure when it "disappear" , then it is hard to tell.   You can try to open a ticket with mod but I doubt they can do much too.

2. when you try to send picture message, mms, did you turn on Mobile Data?  It won't cost you any data but data mobile needs to be turned on for it to send.  Try turning it on and send again and see if it works.  If not, let us know what kind of phone is yours.

nnima

Hi,  Using a moto phone

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

can you do try reseat the SIM card

1.power off your device

2.take out the SIM card,

3.wipe it clean SIM card,

4.put it back and power on,

5.toggling airplane mode off/on,  

it happened sometime you know, A normal reboot without reset, didn't work. At least try it,

only work after reseating the SIM card.

and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  HERE 

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android device

click HERE

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is go through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your DATA is on.

Good Luck

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nnima 

Texting does not use up any data so it is most likely your MMS settings.

What phone do you have so we can help further?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nnima : Was your regular internet browsing working all this time? Which plan have you been on all this time? The simple is your mobile data turned on? MMS needs mobile data turned on to send/receive.

Need Help? Let's chat.