cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to receive international calls

OlaHamada
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My number is new, I did't transfer the operator. My husband lives in Saudi Arabia, he dials the code to call my Public Mobile number but it says that this number is not available. Although my friends in Canada always call me. How can I fix this? Thanks 

15 REPLIES 15

@OlaHamada wrote:

While this seems as a helpful solution. Still, I would like to solve the issue on my phone and be able to receive international calls regularly and directly without the use of a third-party app. 

Thank you for the suggestion.  

Let us know if the moderator team is able to "fix" your issue.

OlaHamada

While this seems as a helpful solution. Still, I would like to solve the issue on my phone and be able to receive international calls regularly and directly without the use of a third-party app. 

Thank you for the suggestion.  

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@OlaHamada  I am not sure you completely understood the workaround that has been suggested. 
If you husband gets the app from Fongo.com, or TextNow, he will always be able to call your PM number when he is on wifi. Because it connects to your regular number it does not matter if you are on wifi, nor if you have used up your cellular data. 

@OlaHamada wrote:

Ok, how can I contact the moderator? 

Click the link here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

OlaHamada

Ok, how can I contact the moderator? 

@OlaHamada wrote:

Hello. 

He is dialling the exact way you wrote. He called my friend that exact way and it worked, but when he calls me it doesn't work.

Click and send a message to moderator team...
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@OlaHamada 782 is over 6  years old. It seems to be a problem on your husband's providers end. Have him contact them and ask about it. If he can call other Canadian area codes then it a problem with that particular code.

You can also try to change your number to a 902 area code. You can change your number once per 30 day cycle from within your self service account. Or he can contact this provider as mentioned above. Or get TextNow.  Stay safe,.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@OlaHamada I had the same issue. Some people tried to call me and got this number-not-available message. Contact mods and ask them to restart your account on their end. If after that your husband will have the issue again, then you can try changing your number via self-service.

OlaHamada

Hello. 

He is dialling the exact way you wrote. He called my friend that exact way and it worked, but when he calls me it doesn't work.

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@OlaHamada if he has the WIFI app and uses either WIFI or data to call your Public Mobile number its a regular call for you, no WIFI or data. And if he uses TextNow with a Canadian number, then there's no long distance involved. 

OlaHamada

Hello, 

Yes he can. He calls me on my friend's canadian number. She had public Mo and her number starts with 902. 

But, when he tried to call another Canadian number (Public Mo) that starts with 782 (the same as my number) it didn't work. 

OlaHamada

We always call using WiFi apps. But some times he needs me while I don't have Wifi or I am out of data so he has to make a regular international call. But this is not working for us. We only need it for emergencies. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to The community @OlaHamada , whats your area code? If its new, your husbands carrier may not recognise it. An option would be for him to download a voip app such as TextNow and use it over WiFi to call you from Saudi Arabia.  The app will give him a Canadian number. Use your Canadian address to add it. Stay safe. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@OlaHamada 

Can your husband call other Canada phone numbers?

If you are able to receive local calls, you should be able to receive long distance calls.  Might be a problem on your husband's side.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure he is dailing.

00 - 1 - 10 Digit Mobile Number

Need Help? Let's chat.