cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to receive incoming calls

maryamsirvan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all!
I bought and activated a new sim card today for my partner but unfortunately, he can't receive incoming calls it says "the number hasn't been equipped with the incoming call" but he can make a call, also data is not working either, Can somebody help me with that, please? thank you!

10 REPLIES 10

@maryamsirvan wrote:

we changed it to 3G in the network setting but still, there is no data!

For data make sure cellular data is on and apn settings are correct.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=Apn

maryamsirvan

we changed it to 3G in the network setting but still, there is no data!

maryamsirvan

Yes, we put it in another phone but still the same problem.
I have contacted an agent, Hope they will solve the problem. thank you for the response!

maryamsirvan

Thank you for the responses, I am contacting the agent.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@maryamsirvan wrote:

Hi all!
I bought and activated a new sim card today for my partner but unfortunately, he can't receive incoming calls it says "the number hasn't been equipped with the incoming call" but he can make a call, also data is not working either, Can somebody help me with that, please? thank you!

Can you try the SIM in another phone to see if it works?

Or at least reseat the card (remove, wait 30' and reinstall.

If nothing works, it could be a SIM provisioning issue that needs Customer Service help:

Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@maryamsirvan  Did you try to put the SIM in another phone and do you get the same issue

What kind of phone do you have?

But it sound like the SIM not provision properly.  If putting the SIM in another phone does not resolve the issue, open a ticket with PM to confirm if activation was done properly on the back end

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request Cusstomer Support Agent assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click on "Contact Us", click on "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket" then Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(After you open a ticket with Customer Support Agent, please monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right.  Customer Support Agent will communicate with you via messaging within Community)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maryamsirvan 

can you try it selecting the network to "3G ONLY"

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

@maryamsirvan wrote:

No this is a new number, and yes he has already reset the mobile networks but still the same problem, he can receive a text but not a call! 

Can you set the preferred network to 3G and reboot and see if that makes a difference?

maryamsirvan

No this is a new number, and yes he has already reset the mobile networks but still the same problem, he can receive a text but not a call! 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@maryamsirvan 

Did you port a number over or did you get a new number?

Have you tried resetting the network settings and rebooting.

For data make sure cellular data is on and apn settings are correct.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=Apn

Need Help? Let's chat.