cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanaduh3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: trying to get sim activated and number port

now when i put in the PM sim card it says Unregistered Sim on the phone, thats new

kanaduh3

i clicked the change phone number in self serve and tried the port again

it says its successful

i replied YES to the telus text

now when i put in the PM sim card it says unregistered sim

can someone help me with that

@kanaduh3 wrote:

i clicked the change phone number in self serve and tried the port again

it says its successful

i replied YES to the telus text

now when i put in the PM sim card it says unregistered sim

can someone help me with that

You have an account specific issue. You'll need to open a ticket and talk to the moderators by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

kanaduh3

i did that on thursday

do i need to do a sim card swap now? it seems like my number was ported but now my sim card is not activated

@kanaduh3 wrote:

i did that on thursday

do i need to do a sim card swap now? it seems like my number was ported but now my sim card is not activated

The moderators are the only peopple who can assist you with this. Please open another ticket. You likely won't need a SIM card swap. You will need a moderator to properly activate your SIM card.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kanaduh3 

Ok you took care of one issue now you need to care of the second one I mentioned by contacting the moderators as @computergeek541 has given you the link for simple simon the chatbot. They are done for the day so expect a response in your private messages in the morning. But you can try removing and reinserting your sim card and rebooting your phone a few times between now and then in case a late night moderator fixes the sim card/account issue overnight.

kanaduh3

sweet im getting closer 🙂 22 hours into this now

i hope my number doesnt drop from telus before the sim gets properly activated on PM

that would suck

kanaduh3

ok i submitted another ticket  188881-343

with the sim card number

softech
Mayor / Maire

@kanaduh3 

Maybe you can call the porting department tomorrow and see if they can help?  I will message you in case you don't have it.

Also, if your Telus SIM is not working, it's a good sign.  Since when did Telus sim stop working?  You put your PM sim into the phone and test it yet?  If you have put in your PM SIM into a phone already, try to reboot the phone once more and see if you can make outgoing and receive incoming calls.  If still fail, try reboot again in 30 mins and see.  If that fails, too, maybe you can call the Porting department tomorrow.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kanaduh3 

Your ported number should be safely on your account....and on your sim card once the moderators fix the activation issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.