cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanaduh3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: trying to get sim activated and number port

i figure telus doesnt want to me lower my bill by 75% so they make me spend 20 hours of my own time trying to switch

jokes on them, i will never give up

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@kanaduh3 wrote:

jokes on them, i will never give up

That's the spirit!!

Lotsa help here when you need it too.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Be like Rick Astley, @kanaduh3 

HALIMACS_4-1619999633976.jpeg

Except in this case, you're doing just that to TELUS.

mimmo
Oracle

@kanaduh3 you said you put your pm sim in nothing happens.  This is a red glad and points to an activation error.

When activating the sim should work dialing out at least.  If you can not dial out contact the moderator s and have them look into your account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kanaduh3 

Do you have services on your pm sim card? If you have had an incomplete account activation or your pm sim card has not provisioned correctly you will need the moderators to fix that problem.

Calling the telus porting department will give you an answer as to why the port from telus has not been initiated and/or completed despite you authorizing the port by responding YES to the text.

@HALIMACS 

Lol....are you rickrolling the OP?😃

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Don't ya know it, @darlicious 

HALIMACS_1-1620002418626.gif

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@kanaduh3 

There is also port support when the port is stuck you can try Port department

1 844 232 7678 Koodo

1 877 868 3587 Telus

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kselmak 

Posts containing those porting department numbers will eventually get deleted or edited. We have been advised by pm and the oracles to only share the number(s) privately. Just an FYI....

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Thanks for letting me know.

I suspect people probably call in with other issues and though they can't receive help they still use up the resources.

It's unfortunate, the worst thing is when you hit the wall right at the start especially since they will still call your alternative number but you won't be able to call back if you miss that call. 

On one hand it's good to show people want the support looks like so they know what they are signing up for, but I think port should be exempt as the form is not always clear and it's vote y really usual part of account maintenance, you are not very likely to do it even twice, and if it's combined with another issue it may give impression that having this service is nothing but headache.

Since nothing else works when sim is put in the device that works with Telus i suspect that the port is not the only issue, it would be good to get port out of the way so that mods or tech support have one less thing to work on. But that's just me, if they think it's better without port team they probably have pretty good reason

kanaduh3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks for your help everyone

someone must be trying to fix my account because when i log into self serve now my number that I was attempting to port from telus has been replaced by some new phone number??

Need Help? Let's chat.