cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to get sim activated and number port

kanaduh3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ive been trying to 4 days know to get my number changed from telus to public mobile

my public mobile account is made and it says its activated but when i put the sim in nothing happens

when i put in my old telus sim it still works

can someone please help me, i put a ticket in but no response

any help out there?, i dont want to pay for something that does not work, now i'm paying for 2 cell plans when i was trying to lower my bills

41 REPLIES 41

@amyfirminger 

There is no download option. Its best to screenshot your account pages that you want a record of or there is a way to export it to an excel file. @LurganIeUk can help with this.

@LurganIeUk 

Lol...speak of the devil!🤣

@amyfirminger wrote:

Hello,

I see that there is a link showing usage, but I'd like to see the usage associated with the billing cycle.  I can't seem to find where the monthly bill download is.  Please direct me.

Click Usage. 

Pick your dates.

Copy and paste each page into excel. 

You might have a lot of pages to copy and paste. 

It works and the copy has no issues....just make sure each column is adjusted for widths. 

amyfirminger
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I see that there is a link showing usage, but I'd like to see the usage associated with the billing cycle.  I can't seem to find where the monthly bill download is.  Please direct me.

@kanaduh3 

Glad it final worked out for you. Welcome to PM. Normally porting doesn’t have all these issues.

I hope you used AutoPay for 250mb every 30 days of free data.

@CS_Agent  haha.. i saw the link.. glad you removed it.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

X

kanaduh3

it is finally working thank you all so much

@kanaduh3 

You have to wait for the moderators as only they can do this for you. Since you have had such a terrible activation experience once the moderators get your sim card activated ask for a $5/500min add on to be credited to your account for having to wait so long for service.

You are keeping an eye on your private message box for a message from the moderators?

kanaduh3

15$ a month

please activate my sim i have been trying for 5 days now

@kanaduh3 

Due to the spam attack last night moderator response time will likely be slower today than usual. Expect at least a 3 to 4 hour wait time today for a response time. What plan did you choose?

kanaduh3

please activate the sim card!

still says inactive sim when i put it into the phone

@kanaduh3 

I dont think there is anything to worry about with losing your number. If Telus has ported the number to PM it will e there once you get your SIM working. Recently we have been told that ports of Telus numbers within the Telus group of companies will still work even if the account has been suspended for up to 90 days (I believe). So nothing to lose sleep over there.

AE_Collector 

@softech 

The port has been sorted. Its now the sim card activation issue that has to be dealt with now. Only the moderators can help now.

@kanaduh3 

Your ported number should be safely on your account....and on your sim card once the moderators fix the activation issue.

@kanaduh3 

Maybe you can call the porting department tomorrow and see if they can help?  I will message you in case you don't have it.

Also, if your Telus SIM is not working, it's a good sign.  Since when did Telus sim stop working?  You put your PM sim into the phone and test it yet?  If you have put in your PM SIM into a phone already, try to reboot the phone once more and see if you can make outgoing and receive incoming calls.  If still fail, try reboot again in 30 mins and see.  If that fails, too, maybe you can call the Porting department tomorrow.

kanaduh3

ok i submitted another ticket  188881-343

with the sim card number

kanaduh3

sweet im getting closer 🙂 22 hours into this now

i hope my number doesnt drop from telus before the sim gets properly activated on PM

that would suck

@kanaduh3 

Ok you took care of one issue now you need to care of the second one I mentioned by contacting the moderators as @computergeek541 has given you the link for simple simon the chatbot. They are done for the day so expect a response in your private messages in the morning. But you can try removing and reinserting your sim card and rebooting your phone a few times between now and then in case a late night moderator fixes the sim card/account issue overnight.

@kanaduh3 wrote:

i did that on thursday

do i need to do a sim card swap now? it seems like my number was ported but now my sim card is not activated

The moderators are the only peopple who can assist you with this. Please open another ticket. You likely won't need a SIM card swap. You will need a moderator to properly activate your SIM card.

kanaduh3

i did that on thursday

do i need to do a sim card swap now? it seems like my number was ported but now my sim card is not activated

@kanaduh3 wrote:

i clicked the change phone number in self serve and tried the port again

it says its successful

i replied YES to the telus text

now when i put in the PM sim card it says unregistered sim

can someone help me with that

You have an account specific issue. You'll need to open a ticket and talk to the moderators by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

kanaduh3

i clicked the change phone number in self serve and tried the port again

it says its successful

i replied YES to the telus text

now when i put in the PM sim card it says unregistered sim

can someone help me with that

kanaduh3

now when i put in the PM sim card it says Unregistered Sim on the phone, thats new

kanaduh3

thanks for your help everyone

someone must be trying to fix my account because when i log into self serve now my number that I was attempting to port from telus has been replaced by some new phone number??

Thanks for letting me know.

I suspect people probably call in with other issues and though they can't receive help they still use up the resources.

It's unfortunate, the worst thing is when you hit the wall right at the start especially since they will still call your alternative number but you won't be able to call back if you miss that call. 

On one hand it's good to show people want the support looks like so they know what they are signing up for, but I think port should be exempt as the form is not always clear and it's vote y really usual part of account maintenance, you are not very likely to do it even twice, and if it's combined with another issue it may give impression that having this service is nothing but headache.

Since nothing else works when sim is put in the device that works with Telus i suspect that the port is not the only issue, it would be good to get port out of the way so that mods or tech support have one less thing to work on. But that's just me, if they think it's better without port team they probably have pretty good reason

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@kselmak 

Posts containing those porting department numbers will eventually get deleted or edited. We have been advised by pm and the oracles to only share the number(s) privately. Just an FYI....

Don't ya know it, @darlicious 

HALIMACS_1-1620002418626.gif

@kanaduh3 

Do you have services on your pm sim card? If you have had an incomplete account activation or your pm sim card has not provisioned correctly you will need the moderators to fix that problem.

Calling the telus porting department will give you an answer as to why the port from telus has not been initiated and/or completed despite you authorizing the port by responding YES to the text.

@HALIMACS 

Lol....are you rickrolling the OP?😃

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kanaduh3 you said you put your pm sim in nothing happens.  This is a red glad and points to an activation error.

When activating the sim should work dialing out at least.  If you can not dial out contact the moderator s and have them look into your account.

Be like Rick Astley, @kanaduh3 

HALIMACS_4-1619999633976.jpeg

Except in this case, you're doing just that to TELUS.

Need Help? Let's chat.