cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to get sim activated and number port

kanaduh3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ive been trying to 4 days know to get my number changed from telus to public mobile

my public mobile account is made and it says its activated but when i put the sim in nothing happens

when i put in my old telus sim it still works

can someone please help me, i put a ticket in but no response

any help out there?, i dont want to pay for something that does not work, now i'm paying for 2 cell plans when i was trying to lower my bills

41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kanaduh3 wrote:

jokes on them, i will never give up

That's the spirit!!

Lotsa help here when you need it too.

kanaduh3

i figure telus doesnt want to me lower my bill by 75% so they make me spend 20 hours of my own time trying to switch

jokes on them, i will never give up

@AE_Collector wrote:

I thought we had to have a moderator manually do in house ports or has that changed again?

AE_Collector

Nope, it's done the same as any other carrier port.

Only thing which remains slightly onerous is when porting from Koodo pre-paid or PC Mobile, wherein one must select a new number on activation, then afterwards have a Mod port in the number.

@kanaduh3 says has been trying for 4 days.

AE_Collector

kanaduh3

ok i will try call them again tomorrow

thank you for your help

It will take up to couple of hours. Since you confirmed with Yes to Telus, it is currently in progress. 
Meanwhile, your Telus SIM is still activate so you can use it until it is cut off. Once this happens, you can swap to the PM SIM.

Remember to power off your phone when you are swapping the SIM.

I thought we had to have a moderator manually do in house ports or has that changed again?

AE_Collector

OK, @kanaduh3 

Try:

1. rebooting device
  2. toggling airplane mode on/off
  3. removing and reinserting the SIM card
  4. resetting network connections

I presume the device you're using is compatible on the Public Mobile network?

If the above fails, try the porting helpline phone number I sent you by Private Message.  

kanaduh3

they sent me 4 texts already and i replied YES to every one

still doesnt work

please help

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kanaduh3 

It sounds like the porting is not completed. It will take up to 2 hours to complete.

Keep the Telus SIM in your phone and wait for a text to confirm you are porting over to PM. Once you have confirmed, power off the phone and install the PM SIM.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @kanaduh3 

In order to port a number from TELUS to Public Mobile, you'll need to place your old TELUS SIM card back in your phone and respond "YES" to the port authorization text to enable the port.

Did you do that initially?

If not, you'll need to have them re-initiate the port.   Call the number I will send you by Private Message (see envelope icon upper right, messages are in there) and ask them to re-initiate the port if you haven't already responded yes to the text.

Here's information on the process of porting numbers:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.