cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taz1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

trying out PM

Hi everyone,

I'm trying PM for a month before I switch over. I have a couple easy questions about your experiences.

My data hasn't worked during the summer for the last two years, has anyone had any problems here? 

Has anyone had problems with the preauthorized payments?

Thanks for your help!!

Accepted Solutions
Luddite
Oracle

Re: trying out PM

@taz1 If you just want to confirm data connection is ok, buy a 30 day plan with texting (cheapest is $20). You will be able to assess data coverage because texting plans include MMS and MMS requires a data connection. In some locales you may find 3G signal is better than LTE.

I have a friend on Loon Lake near Gravenhurst who has no issues with data connection.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.

View solution in original post

All Replies
ShawnC13
Oracle

@taz1 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying PM for a month before I switch over. I have a couple easy questions about your experiences.

My data hasn't worked during the summer for the last two years, has anyone had any problems here? 

Thanks for your help!!

Not sure what you mean that your data hasn't worked the last two summers not sure if this is a location thing?  I have had no issues withe data or my autopayments.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

taz1

The datas not a location thing. Works until summer then I can't get anything to connect. Nobody could tell me why when I called so it's great to hear you haven't had a problem on PM.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@taz1 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help!!

Hi! Good on you for asking questions and trying PM out.

Personally I had no issues with either data or payments (PM calls them"autopayments").

Can you give a bit more info about your data problem? PM uses Telus and Bell towers so if you were previously on one of them or their flankers then you should have the same experience. That said your "data hasn't worked during the summer" requires some more details from you! 🙂

ShawnC13
Oracle

@taz1 wrote:

The datas not a location thing. Works until summer then I can't get anything to connect. Nobody could tell me why when I called so it's great to hear you haven't had a problem on PM.

Who was your previous provider?  I am not sure if you know but Public Mobile runs on the Telus/Bell networks.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

jp2

I am new to PM so I don't have a lot of experience. I have seen other people complain about preauthorized payments not working but usually the mods can resolve these issues soon. Lots of times the person having the issue is using the same card on multiple accounts. 

koimr1

@taz1 wrote:

That's the first I've heard of this problem, especially if you are sure it's not a location thing.

Does it stop and then restart on specific dates? What kind of phone do you have? Is it just data or are voice/SMS stuff affected too? Whereabouts is this?

Who was your provider?

ShawnC13
Oracle

@jp2 wrote:

I am new to PM so I don't have a lot of experience. I have seen other people complain about preauthorized payments not working but usually the mods can resolve these issues soon. Lots of times the person having the issue is using the same card on multiple accounts. 

If there are issues the same card on multiple accounts isn't the issue.  I have had no issues with autopay for 2 accounts (which renew on different days) for  17 months so 5 almost 6 auto-renewals

taz1

Thank you all.

I'm with Presidents choice so Bell. I thought Telus was different but if they run on the same network I guess I'll wait and see. Sounds like there is more help here then I ever got from customer service anyway!! I would just get no bars and no data, maybe more usage in the summer? I have talked to a few people that had the same problem, it goes away once everyone goes back to school or closes their cottages for the year(I'm in "cottage country').

pasvac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No problems from my side

I'm very satified about PM

Need Help? Let's chat.