cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying out PM

taz1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I'm trying PM for a month before I switch over. I have a couple easy questions about your experiences.

My data hasn't worked during the summer for the last two years, has anyone had any problems here? 

Has anyone had problems with the preauthorized payments?

Thanks for your help!!

15 REPLIES 15

@If there are issues the same card on multiple accounts isn't the issue.  I have had no issues with autopay for 2 accounts (which renew on different days) for  17 months so 5 almost 6 auto-renewals

I had mine on 3 different accounts for a while without any problems...

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If it helps, I have been with PM for over a year and had no connection or signal issues all last summer at the cottage in the Parry Sound area.

@taz1 If you just want to confirm data connection is ok, buy a 30 day plan with texting (cheapest is $20). You will be able to assess data coverage because texting plans include MMS and MMS requires a data connection. In some locales you may find 3G signal is better than LTE.

I have a friend on Loon Lake near Gravenhurst who has no issues with data connection.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@taz1 wrote:

I'm with PC mobile.

I didn't keep track of the dates, worked great till two years ago then nothing all summer.

My phone is a motorola moto g. 

Voice and text never has had a problem.

Since it worked fine for some time, it should not have just stopped working. May be the data you had was time limited? Or something went wrong on your phone? 

Anyways, PM is a prepaid service, so you can try it out for 30 or 90 days. 

taz1

I'm with PC mobile.

I didn't keep track of the dates, worked great till two years ago then nothing all summer.

My phone is a motorola moto g. 

Voice and text never has had a problem.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would definitely agree this community is better than customer service ever was when I was with Bell. 

pasvac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No problems from my side

I'm very satified about PM

taz1

Thank you all.

I'm with Presidents choice so Bell. I thought Telus was different but if they run on the same network I guess I'll wait and see. Sounds like there is more help here then I ever got from customer service anyway!! I would just get no bars and no data, maybe more usage in the summer? I have talked to a few people that had the same problem, it goes away once everyone goes back to school or closes their cottages for the year(I'm in "cottage country').

@jp2 wrote:

I am new to PM so I don't have a lot of experience. I have seen other people complain about preauthorized payments not working but usually the mods can resolve these issues soon. Lots of times the person having the issue is using the same card on multiple accounts. 

If there are issues the same card on multiple accounts isn't the issue.  I have had no issues with autopay for 2 accounts (which renew on different days) for  17 months so 5 almost 6 auto-renewals

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

koimr1

@taz1 wrote:

The datas not a location thing. Works until summer then I can't get anything to connect. Nobody could tell me why when I called so it's great to hear you haven't had a problem on PM.

That's the first I've heard of this problem, especially if you are sure it's not a location thing.

Does it stop and then restart on specific dates? What kind of phone do you have? Is it just data or are voice/SMS stuff affected too? Whereabouts is this?

Who was your provider?

jp2

I am new to PM so I don't have a lot of experience. I have seen other people complain about preauthorized payments not working but usually the mods can resolve these issues soon. Lots of times the person having the issue is using the same card on multiple accounts. 

@taz1 wrote:

The datas not a location thing. Works until summer then I can't get anything to connect. Nobody could tell me why when I called so it's great to hear you haven't had a problem on PM.

Who was your previous provider?  I am not sure if you know but Public Mobile runs on the Telus/Bell networks.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

koimr1

@taz1 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying PM for a month before I switch over. I have a couple easy questions about your experiences.

My data hasn't worked during the summer for the last two years, has anyone had any problems here? 

Thanks for your help!!

Hi! Good on you for asking questions and trying PM out.

Personally I had no issues with either data or payments (PM calls them"autopayments").

Can you give a bit more info about your data problem? PM uses Telus and Bell towers so if you were previously on one of them or their flankers then you should have the same experience. That said your "data hasn't worked during the summer" requires some more details from you! 🙂

taz1

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@taz1 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help!!

Not sure what you mean that your data hasn't worked the last two summers not sure if this is a location thing?  I have had no issues withe data or my autopayments.

Need Help? Let's chat.