cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble porting number from Bell

jacobpothaar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just activated my Public Mobile SIM card. My phone can receive and send text messages and make phone calls. But my old phone and SIM card still receive incoming calls. I guess Bell didn't port the number over properly.

6 REPLIES 6

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey there @jacobpothaar

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Please check your private message I wrote you a message. 

We will try and investigate your case!

P.S : Thank you to the community for reaching out !That's great!

Best regards,

Lamie

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This really sounds like a port not fully completed to me. I experienced the exact same thing . I just waited it out and it finally worked that my new sim worked for all text and calls with my old number. 

If after waiting up to 2 days and it's still this way , contact the moderator and see what is up. If you contact the moderator you will have to provide them your old service provider (bell) account number , pin and phone number you are trying to port. 

Best of luck. 

@jacobpothaar wrote:

ok, i'll wait a while longer. And to clarify, I only tested with one phone, but i was able to receive calls from my old phone with my old bell SIM card. My new phone with my public mobile SIM card cannot receive calls, but it can make calls. I am aware  that the number porting process can be patchy, and i just wanted to get this request out there as quickly as possible because i am aware that an admin has to fix the problem sometimes.

@jacobpothaarThank you for clarifying that, if your new phone does not receive calls that makes complete sense and is the normal case. Keep using the old cell sim card till it stops. A soon as it stops, restart the new phone with the PM sim and you should be good to go.

EDIT- if you want to make the admins aware / make a request posting here does nothing as this is just the public community part, if you wanted to send a message / speak with them you need to use this link. For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here (But don't use the @ moderator_team tag, because they dont need to weigh in for account issues, thats what a private message would be for)

jacobpothaar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

ok, i'll wait a while longer. And to clarify, I only tested with one phone, but i was able to receive calls from my old phone with my old bell SIM card. My new phone with my public mobile SIM card cannot receive calls, but it can make calls. I am aware  that the number porting process can be patchy, and i just wanted to get this request out there as quickly as possible because i am aware that an admin has to fix the problem sometimes.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@jacobpothaar wrote:

Hi, I just activated my Public Mobile SIM card. My phone can receive and send text messages and make phone calls. But my old phone and SIM card still receive incoming calls. I guess Bell didn't port the number over properly.

@jacobpothaarI am confused. How can both receive incomming phone calls? Unless you are doing this from seperate phones on seperate providers? The only way I thought this was possible is if the port had failed or not completed, and it was from an outside service (such as rogers) where callers from that network (rogers, chatr, fido etc) would ring the old rogers service, but anyone calling from telus/bell/pm would ring the new phone.

Either way, there are some pretty strange things that happen during a port, so if its a cell phone port give it a a few hours, and make sure to reboot both phones before testing again

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

It could take a couple of hours beffore the port process is complete. Cycle phone off / on occasionally. Hang in there ...and welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.