cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble porting my number.

Mlyneh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello, have trouble porting my phone. i received test from public mobile that i had not given right account number for old service provider

8 REPLIES 8

Lucia1234
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I missed the 90 minute window of responding YES to the porting authorization and therefore had problems receiving phone calls and texts on my new PM account. 

Solution:  Log in to my account on PM, click on MY PROFILE, click on TRANSFER NUMBER and re-submit the information requested.  After doing this, my old provider sent me a NEW  text message asking me to respond YES.  Once I responded, my previous provided transporting my number to PM. (Contacting my previous provider was of no use, as they said PM needed to send them a new request, and I was unable to contact PM via their chat box)

@Meow 

To be exact.....you have 90 minutes to respond YES to the porting authorization text from your provider to port out your number.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

To my knowledge, the old carrier doesn't even send a text message to authorize the port out and they've already rejected the request at that point.

To my best knowledge old carrier does send sms to confirm porting and you have 1-2 hours to reply 'yes' or 'no'. That is why old SIM has to stay in the phone until sms is received.

Correct. It worked exactly like that in my case.

@computergeek541 wrote:

To my knowledge, the old carrier doesn't even send a text message to authorize the port out and they've already rejected the request at that point.

To my best knowledge old carrier does send sms to confirm porting and you have 1-2 hours to reply 'yes' or 'no'. That is why old SIM has to stay in the phone until sms is received.

But as you said, wrong account is provided so most likely case is closed and user has to initiate new porting process...

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Mlyneh 

Did you leave the old SIM card in your phone to confirmed a text from your previous carrier that you are porting over to PM?

Once you confirmed, you can power off and install the PM SIM once you activate the PM SIM in your phone.

If you skipped this step, you need to contact a PM moderator on the SIMon chat button and ask to contact a moderator and your previous carrier.

This isn't an issue of the customer not replying to the text message about approviing the phone number transfer. The reason for the number porting failure was that an incorrect account number was provided. To my knowledge, the old carrier doesn't even send a text message to authorize the port out and they've already rejected the request at that point.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mlyneh 

Did you leave the old SIM card in your phone to confirmed a text from your previous carrier that you are porting over to PM?

Once you confirmed, you can power off and install the PM SIM once you activate the PM SIM in your phone.

If you skipped this step, you need to contact a PM moderator on the SIMon chat button and ask to contact a moderator and your previous carrier.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Mlyneh wrote:

hello, have trouble porting my phone. i received test from public mobile that i had not given right account number for old service provider

@Mlyneh   You'll need to submit a message to moderators and give them the correct information in order to facilitate the transfer and you will also need to keep your previous service active and wait for a text from to authorize your number transfer to PM.

Here's a couple of links to contact moderators.  First try chatbot and follow prompts (type "port request") here: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Second option if unable to submit a ticket is to send a private message to Moderator_Team with the same subject heading here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Mlyneh 

I will private message you the phone number for porting related issues.  Look at your mailbox upper right in envelope icon for number.

It's not available for any other account related inquiries. 

Refer to this link below for more details on the porting process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Alternatively, you can open a ticket for assistance here and type "port request"

Need Help? Let's chat.