cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble porting in

dicecube
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I created a ticket and the moderator team helped me but they were unsuccessful in porting for me. I called my old service provider and asked them if there was anything preventing me from porting out. Turns out, they had port protection enabled. I asked them to disable it. They did.

Now how do I ask the moderators here to retry the porting process? I replied to the original private message about retrying, now that the port protection is removed but it seems like they are not trying again. Do multiple moderators work on my ticket or does the original moderator have to do it? Or do I have submit a new ticket?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

dicecube
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks all, port resolved 🙂

@dicecube 

Responding to your original tickets private messages should illicit another reply from the moderator team. It is unlikely that they closed it because your port was unsuccessful they know you will want them to try again. However they should reply within 4 to 6 hours of their opening hour. If not send another private message or use simon to open a new ticket. I waited a very long time for service and it took three private messages over 36 hours to get a reply (2 hours after the 3rd  message). The moderator did say they were unusually busy this week so that could account for the longer than the usual wait/ response times.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@dicecube  It may be because numbers from some areas cannot be ported because Telus Mobility doesn't have a presence in the same CO. Usually some smaller cities, towns, villages..

Would you mind sharing the area code + prefix of the number in question?

You can lookup the other carriers in the same rate centre as your number at this site:

http://cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm

If this is the case, you may still be able to keep the old number by porting it to a cheap VoIP / forwarding service for a few dollars a month such as numberbarn.com or voip.ms and using a new number from Public Mobile.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dicecube If you replied back to moderator's message, you should be receiving a response again.

Moderator business hours are (Eastern time):
- Monday to Friday: 8AM- midnight EST - Saturday and Sunday: 8AM- 10PM EST

You will likely receive a reply tomorrow if not tonight.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@dicecube just create a new ticket. the previous ticket was probably closed.

Need Help? Let's chat.