cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble activating my sim card

juststacks
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

its askin me to put the 19 number code on the back of the sim card to activate the card and i got 20 on mine? its the card useless or what 

10 REPLIES 10

nithishvarghese
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public mobile sim card is usually 19 numbers that I have seen. But I have seen 20 numbers on a bell sim card. I just activated mine yesterday. Please create a ticket after going to the chatbot at right lower corner type activate sim card..

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@juststacks 

Couple of points before you start activating

1. Use incognito mode with clean cache

2. I recommend using credit card and activating with autopay, you get extra data and $2 off of quoted price.

3. If using credit card don't use space in the postal code and don't use apartment number field, instead use '###-### street name' format

4. Use your friend's referral, you both benefit, if you don't have one you can send private message, most of people who responded to you won't mind receiving a request.

5. Share your referral code with your friends and family, unfortunately we are not allowed to post them here but you can use social media.

6. Be ready to contact previous provider to unlock your phone (though it may already be 'unlocked')

Are you planning to transfer your old number?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @juststacks 

Just curious if you do enter that 20 digit number do you get the error message?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @juststacks 

If you still cannot give 19 digit number, please take a picture of it and contact moderators. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Welcome to public mobile

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

20? 

@juststacks wrote:

its askin me to put the 19 number code on the back of the sim card to activate the card and i got 20 on mine? its the card useless or what 

If you look at the back of your SIm card there should be 3 groups of 5 numbers and one group of 4 numbers.

Or the barcode on the back will also have the number. If it does not then it is possible that you don't have a PM SIM card. 

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@juststacks I know it may sound like an obvious question but are you trying to activate a public SIM card?And is it new or one you used in the past

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@juststacks  Drop the first character and try it.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@juststacks   it should be 19 - 5, 5, 5 and 4. See screenshot below

Public_Mobile_-_Knowledge_Base_Articles_Overhaul_DESIGN-Image-1_C_Aug7.png

Also see article on how to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up 

Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Look again. I checked 2 of mine and they are 19.

Need Help? Let's chat.