cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tried to change my number and now I only have OUTgoing calls, incoming says I am disconnected, HELP

LorenWiberg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello
1. I got a new cell phone a few days ago.
I hated the phone number so I figured I would change it.
I went to the PUBLIC MOBILE ADD ON page and selected CHECK IF NUMBER IS AVAILABLE.
It said my current home number 403.227.xxxx was available.
So I continued and filled out all the forms and clicked submit.
It said UNSUCCESSFUL.
2. So I check to see if my old home office number would be available 403.227.XXXX
So I continue and fill out all the forms and clicked submit. It said SUCCESSFUL.
I was happy for 1 seconds until I tried to call 403.227.XXXX using my home phone
It said "number is not in service"
3. I tried calling my home number from my cell it worked !

So I seem to have outbound calls only.
Can anyone help me please.

11 REPLIES 11

@PeddyPower wrote:

Outgoing calls do not work; changes SIM card ; incoming calls work

@PeddyPower  Ok after all that....it appears you have the opposite problem now that I reread your message under the title. First try rebooting your phone. If that doesn't work go to settings. Turn on airplane mode. Wait 10 minutes. Turn airplane mode off. Reboot phone. Does it work now?

PeddyPower

Outgoing calls do not work; changes SIM card ; incoming calls work

LorenWiberg

Me too. Thanks for your help.

Stay Safe!

LorenWiberg

UPDATE - Saturday December 7th 2019.

Re: tried to change my number and now I only have OUTgoing calls, incoming says I am disconnected

I just received a phone call from the service department at Public Data at 10;00am.

They have figured out the problem, I had tried to re-claim a phone number that I had not owned for the last couple of years. That resulted in the number not being able to be fully activated. I had text messaging and outgoing calls but NOT incoming calls.

They offered to complete my original attempted transfer of my current existing landline phone number onto my cell phone.

It actually failed to work for the person from Public Mobile eactly like it had failed to work for me.

Fortunately he persevered and ended up sending it as a Work Ticket to the Public Data technical team.

The end result is: the transfer of my home phone number onto my cell phone will be completed in the next 24 to 48 hours.

I am very satisfied and impressed with the excellent customer service I have received.

I am also somewhat surprised and very impressed with the level of support and information offered by the members of the Public Mobile community.

Loren Wiberg

LorenWiberg

UPDATE - Saturday December 7th 2019.

Re: tried to change my number and now I only have OUTgoing calls, incoming says I am disconnected

I just received a phone call from the service department at Public Data at 10;00am.

They have figured out the problem, I had tried to re-claim a phone number that I had not owned for the last couple of years. That resulted in the number not being able to be fully activated. I had text messaging and outgoing calls but NOT incoming calls.

They offered to complete my original attempted transfer of my current existing landline phone number onto my cell phone.

It actually failed to work for the person from Public Mobile eactly like it had failed to work for me.

Fortunately he persevered and ended up sending it as a Work Ticket to the Public Data technical team.

The end result is: the transfer of my home phone number onto my cell phone will be completed in the next 24 to 48 hours.

I am very satisfied and impressed with the excellent customer service I have received.

I am also somewhat surprised and very impressed with the level of support and information offered by the members of the Public Mobile community.

Loren Wiberg

LorenWiberg

I changed the phone numbers to be 4033.227.xxxx

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Stay Safe!

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That is normal. It would usually take atleast a day to port the number and for calls to show up on your PM sim. Wait for 2-3 days.
You should still get incomming calls on your old sim and if it is not the case then contact moderator. 

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should edit your post and remove those phone numbers from your post this is a public forum. Porting home numbers can take a very long time. I would suggest clicking on the ? bottom right and open a ticket so a moderator can have a look at what is going on.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@LorenWibergYou need to contact the moderators to get that fixed by clickin gon the lower right hand corner, chat with SIMon then type rep. Only the moderators have access to the backend system that will get it straighten out for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.