cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferriing a number

pollock88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

am trying to transfer my cell no from an existing telus plan to a new cell phone.  The on site application keeps insisting I am in the U.S. and it wants to take my land line number to see if it is available for my cell even tho I put my old cell number  and account # into the system.  The on-line application system is all screwed up.

5 REPLIES 5

@Bsc584681 , hi, please hit the 3 dots at the top, right of your post and edit this post to remove your phone number.

This is a public forum.

Thanks

If you need to private message the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

Bsc584681
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

xxxxxxxxxx

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pollock88 wrote:

am trying to transfer my cell no from an existing telus plan to a new cell phone.  The on site application keeps insisting I am in the U.S. and it wants to take my land line number to see if it is available for my cell even tho I put my old cell number  and account # into the system.  The on-line application system is all screwed up.

@pollock88  If you already activated your Public Mobile sim card have your Telus account number ready.

• Be sure to note the best practices below to ensure a smooth process:
    1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need: Telus Account Number, Name on the Telus account and Telus phone number.
    5. To complete your port-in request, click this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator.  Include the info from step 4.

Hope this helps!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@pollock88 wrote:

Hi @pollock88 , that sounds strange. Are you area code 672, by any chance?

If you are continuing with these issues, maybe contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link.

Unless others here have some ideas?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@pollock88 it is I agree

it's best to just choose a temporary number first the contact customer support to port your number over. also use your browser in incognito or private mode 

type "port request"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Need Help? Let's chat.