cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer virgin mobile number to public mobile number

madanroy1d
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i was a virgin customer and want to keep that number with public mobile.

5 REPLIES 5

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@madanroy1d, first of all, welcome to Public Mobile and welcome to the community forum

Please make sure you set-up your AutoPay for the easy $2 month savings! 

I am curious unless Virgin marketing/loyalty team stinks, they will call you to join re-join Virgin!

Telus did that to me when I left for Fido. Then when I left Fido to Public Mobile. I left Telus because they wouldn't give me a free phone after 15 years, and I left for Fido. Telus calls me back and offered a free phone. Sorry, too late! I left Fido because of phantom fees and they called me back offering six months free for the phantom fees. Sorry, too late. 

I really don't understand how the marketing/loyalty team thinks after when people are willing to stay but offer nothing. And when you do leave, they offer what you been asking for or more! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@madanroy1d 

FYI

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. 

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for Virgin to release you number to PM. Not until Virgin releases your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your Vigin SIM card.  You can continue to use your Virgin SIM card until is stops working.  That is the indication to switch to your new PM SIM card.

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@madanroy1d wrote:

Like gblackma says, take a temporary new number when you create your account and then transfer your Virgin number over.  Keep your Virgin account active until you do the port.

If you're on Virgin prepaid, your phone number is your account number.

I ported from Virgin, and it was very fast.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@madanroy1d That's possible. However, its recommended that you activate your SIM card with a temporary cell phone number, set up your self service account, and port from within. This allows you to test the SIM and provides a safety net in case something goes wrong with the port. Here's a link on what is required to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate . Welcome to PM.

@madanroy1d wrote:

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can port (transfer) your phone) over to PM. You will need to keep your Virgin account active during the porting process.

Here is a guide.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

Need Help? Let's chat.