cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer phone # from other provide

martinemartin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please note that the block as been removed on phone # xxxxxxxxxxxxx and xxxxxxxx ,  please activate?

edited by colmputergeek541: phone numbers removed

4 REPLIES 4

@Trident wrote:

If you don't want to go through the hassle of switching over by your self, I would recommend you go to your local Walmart or other markets that provide help with public mobile. For me personally, I went to my local Walmart and they handled the switch of my phone number from freedom to public.  

I disagree. I don't currently recommened activating and porting in-store. I understand going to the store to get food and otherwise necessary supplies,  but Public Mobile service is something that can be fully and easily activated at home with the number transfered as well. I would see this as an unnecessary trip to the store, or at the very least prolonging your trip at the store.

Trident
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you don't want to go through the hassle of switching over by your self, I would recommend you go to your local Walmart or other markets that provide help with public mobile. For me personally, I went to my local Walmart and they handled the switch of my phone number from freedom to public.  

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@martinemartin  Don't cancel your old account; it must remain active until the transfer is complete. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Currently to port @martinemartin you have to contact the moderators and ask them to do it for you,  once you activated with a temporary cell phone number.  Type " Port Request "and follow the prompts to get to one.  Give them the name on the account,  the number to port and the old providers account number. Note the account must be active to port it. The port will close it once it's complete. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.