cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer phone No.

Michaelsun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have transferred my No. from the previous carrier, should I contact the previous carrier requesting the cancellation of the service, or I will be charged.( no term service).

5 REPLIES 5

marimacas
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No worries. Once your number transfer is complete, your previous carrier account will be automatically canceled.

jsmarjara
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As soon as your no got transferred your account got cancelled at previous carrier.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would suggest activating with a temporary number and once activated then port your number through selfserve.

Also you can get a 10$ credit if you use a refetal code.  If you don't have one ask soneone in this thread.

Welcome to pm

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Once the port is finished your old account with the previous provider will be terminated, you don't have to do anything

In the meantime use the old sim card

If you were on postpaid plan you can expect the money back If you already paid your bill, and if you didn't you may want to give them a call after the account is terminated to give you the new (smaller) amount due

Welcome to public mobile

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Michaelsun wrote:

I have transferred my No. from the previous carrier, should I contact the previous carrier requesting the cancellation of the service, or I will be charged.( no term service).

No there's no need to contact them.

As long your account with your previous carrier is active and you entered the correct info (account number and your full name) when you made your port request, the port should be completed within 2 hours. At that time, your old account will close automatically.

Until then, you can continue to use your old carrier SIM to receive calls and texts.

Need Help? Let's chat.