cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer old phone number

LanaThornhill
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The system keeps saying my cell phone number is not eligible for transfer.  My phone is unlocked.  What do i do?

5 REPLIES 5

@PschwartzPorting works the same for all networks. During the porting procedure, your new provider will assume your information you had given is correct and give you a number you ask for, temporarily. You can usually dial out and the number appears in your selfserve account. Your new provider will ask your old provider ( in your case Bell) to release the number while providing support evidence eg account # etc. Your old provider has the option of saying yes or no, if yes then everything is dandy, if no, then it is known as a stuck port and you will need to contact the moderators for assistance and figure out why. Once the porting is successful, in theory the old provider will automatically close your account and send you the final bill of settlement if you are owe any money.

Spike1

I just had my number ported to PM.  I had to go through the moderator team since I had been with Koodo.  They will need to know the number that you want to port and the account that your are porting the number from.  They can usually do it fairly fast, you will know when your sim card status changes.

Pschwartz

That’s helpful. So I am currently in a plan at bell which i want to buy out of—but you are saying I shouldn’t do that until I can transfer my number? And how does the number transfer happen from Bell or Public?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LanaThornhill, to be eligible to port your number, the number must reside in an active plan with a different carrier.  Also, as noted, if you are with Koodo prepaid, the number porting must be done by the moderator team.  If this applies to your case, the moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What carrier are you coming from? I know people coming from Koodo usually have issues with number transfer. They usually have to contact a Moderator or go to a PM kiosk to solve the issue. 

Need Help? Let's chat.