cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

transfer of my number from Perto Canada Mobility to Public Mobile

it has been over 12 hours. how long doesthis take?

Mayor / Maire

Re: transfer of my number from Perto Canada Mobility to Public Mobile

• The number transfer process can take up to 2 hours to complete for a mobile phone number. When you transfer a landline number, the process can take up to 3 business days. When your number transfer is complete, you will receive a confirmation text message.  You could submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Nyerie wrote:

it has been over 12 hours. how long doesthis take?

@Nyerie  Porting from petrol Canada can take longer than most. But 12 hours is an indication there could be a problem. What services do you have? Are you only missing incoming calling? Does your old SIM still work in your phone for incoming caĺls? Have you tried rebooting your phone? Have you received the welcome text from public mobile? You would be advised to submit a ticket via simon (?) At the bottom right of your screen. Ask for a rep.

Highlighted
Oracle

@Nyerie , you need to submit IMEI and account PIN number information when porting out of Petro Canada Mobile.  If this information was not entered properly, it will prevent a successful port.  You could try calling the porting team (number below) to check on the porting status.  For all number porting situations, it's recommended that you continue to use your old service until it stops working which is an indication that the port has completed.  Also there's no point in using the new service when your number is still tied to the old service.

(877) 868-3587

https://mobility.petro-canada.ca/support-number-portability.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1