cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer number after activation

elyseparent
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My new public mobile sim card is now activated.  I would like to transfer my older number from my kodoo account.  How can i do it?

5 REPLIES 5

payammasjedi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just ported my number so I will tell you every step I followed.

1. Go to the main page and click on the Plans.

2. In the red section on top of the page, click “Start Live chat”

3.  Type “Port mu number” and choose the option to speak to a human (which means technician or MODS)

4. Then you’ll be provided a link to file a ticket. Fill it with necessary information and submit.

5. It’ll take one to two hours for a respond.

6. Provide all the information for the MOD to port your number (Phone number to port in, 14 digit Account number, Security PIN, Provider name) and wait.

7. Finally, if everything is successful, you’ll receive a text from your previous provider about port out request which means successful port. 

The entire nimber port will be done around 30 minutes or maximum 2 hours. Then restart your device and enjoy Public Mobile’s service.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@elyseparent , you need to seek moderator team assistance to complete the number port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@elyseparent wrote:

My new public mobile sim card is now activated.  I would like to transfer my older number from my kodoo account.  How can i do it?

@elyseparent  Have your Koodo account number, name on account and Koodo phone number ready and  click  this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

Here is a link you can look at too:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Number-transfer-in-Self-Serve-impacted-...

Need Help? Let's chat.