cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer my number

Jz001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi ,

I failed to transfer my old number due to less information. Now I have everything, Need help to continune activation.

Need to know how!

17 REPLIES 17

@Jz001  You may want to create another ticket via Simon (?)  If he gives you "other" option type in response problem and enter original ref#. It looks like you've lost your position in the queue. Ask for a credit for not having service for so long.

@Jz001 wrote:

Created a ticket one week ago. No respond yet! Nobody call me ! ref# 101328-969

You would not get a call but a private message. Here's some info on that process: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jz001 wrote:

You need to send another message to the moderators.  Click on SIMon ? mark bottom right of the screen, as you did before and include your reference # in your message.  You really should have received a response by now. 

Did you check your envelope icon above your post (top right of screen)?  If you see a red dot there click the envelope.  One other point, moderators, normally, do not call, they only respond via messaging.

Jz001

Yep @TheGx  has just summed it up for you. Before you try...make sure you clear your browser and use secret/incognito mode this helps prevent the activation page from making errors. Sometimes weird stuff and sometimes 404 server error page not found. Referral code goes in halfway down the first page and any promo codes  like RBCREWARDS go in on the pick a plan page. Credit card address has to be exactly as on your statement except leave the apt/unit box blank and don't put a space in the postal code. Good luck....if you get an error, page won't load, (it is slow though) or wont let you enter something normal like d.o.b. you have to give up...wait an hour...to let it reset and try again.

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jz001 wrote:

I don't know if this is consided as activated?

First of all, if your rogers sim card is still working, that means that your Public sim card and account is not activated - because once your number has been transferred to Public, your rogers sim and account will be automatically closed and not active anymore.

Second, you say you failed to transfer your number, do you mean that you did not complete the online process all the the way to the part where you got to screen saying everything was complete? If you had completed the online process to completion, you should have seen a screen telling you everything was done and gotten an email confirming it too. If you did not get any of this, you should try doing the online process all over again, because it will tell you as soon as you enter your Public sim card number if that sim card is already in the process of being activated or not - in other words, if it lets you use that sim number then keep going through the process, if it doesn't let you use it then you'll have to contact the Moderator Team for help activating.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is your username your phone number? If so I highly recommend asking the mods to change your username to something else. In the meantime you may want to delete this post (if possible) so your number isn't visible to the general public.

@Jz001  do you remember putting your credit card and did you get an email from public mobile? Just to find out if you've already activated 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jz001 wrote:

So how to contact them?

Click the ? button at the bottom right corner of this page to create a support ticket.

Moderator wait time is 2 days.

Create a support ticket as below. @Jz001 

Open the questiom mark. Type stuff about needing moderator and it will let you open a ticket.

Jz001

So how to contact them?

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

With your PM sim in can you call or text out?

If so, your port is started but not complete. Keep using you Rogers sim until it disconnects and then put your pm sim in and it should be good to go.

If this process takes more than 4 hours:

Create a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Jz001 wrote:

Hi ,

I failed to transfer my old number due to less information. Now I have everything, Need help to continune activation.

Need to know how!

Less information ia better than more. There only needs to be one match of account number, PIN, or IMEI.  Since it failed, you will need to contact moderator_team for help. Also ask them change your username. You shouldn't use your phone number.

Jz001

I don't know if this is consided as activated?

Jz001

I have put the new sim, but still using the rogers account

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Jz001  can you log in to your self serve account or are you not done activating? 

Need Help? Let's chat.