cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer my number from KOODO to Public

chenlkim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi , I want to transfer my number from Koodo to public and was asked to choose a new number first , and wait for A SMS from public ,but it had been over 12 hours still didn't get a SMS from Public yet ,so how long I need to wait and how do I sure to get my number transfer over ?

3 REPLIES 3

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@chenlkim wrote:

Hi , I want to transfer my number from Koodo to public and was asked to choose a new number first , and wait for A SMS from public ,but it had been over 12 hours still didn't get a SMS from Public yet ,so how long I need to wait and how do I sure to get my number transfer over ?

Hi @chenlkim you did the right thing regarding porting from Koodo to Public Mobile - you chose a new number first.  So that's good news.

Please note that for customers' benefit, this is now the rules regarding porting or transferring numbers to Public Mobile.

"If you are porting your number into Public Mobile, for additional security, your previous service provider may also send an SMS text to validate the transfer. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes to approve the number transfer.

If you have missed the 90 minute window to respond, we will send you an SMS with instructions on how to re-initiate the transfer by calling our Porting team.

The SMS will read as follows:

Public Mobile Msg: The request to move your phone number to Public Mobile has timed out. Don't worry, you can easily re-initiate the transfer. Please call our Porting Team to authorize your number transfer. "

I will send you a private message with the Porting Team number to call.  This number is only to be used for porting problems.  Please keep an eye on the envelop icon on top right for a number to pop.  That would be my message.

Tips:

• Keep the old account's device on with the SIM card inside to receive the validation message. If that’s not possible, please ensure you can access the SIM from a different device.
  • Be sure to check all texts that could go to any other members on the old account and any junk or spam folders. 

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

@chenlkim wrote:

A text message to approve the phone number transfer would actually come from Koodo as the source of the phone number. After 12 hours, since the request and it still not being completed, I would open a ticket to the moderators by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@chenlkim 

Did you contact a moderator yet?

Transferring a number from TELUS or  Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile)?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile), you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.  

Need Help? Let's chat.