cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer data from my account to others person account

harleen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

hello, is this possible to transfer data from my account to another person's account. as I do not need data included in my plan so I want to transfer my unused data to my friend's account. is this possible???

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@harleen wrote:

well, I guess the idea of sharing data by using the hotspot is a better idea. exchanging the sim card with another person for data does not work. 

so yes this is what I did today. so I shared my hotspot...

but I was just thinking if PM does offer the option of transferring the data to someones else account as I don't use and need data but it is in my plan. 

It would be suggested then to drop down in data bucket needs. Why pay for the larger bucket if you don't use it.

There was a great idea earlier in the pandemic to be able to transfer Available Funds to a different account (although that's an old idea). A generous customer offered this for struggling fellow customers.

harleen

well, I guess the idea of sharing data by using the hotspot is a better idea. exchanging the sim card with another person for data does not work. 

so yes this is what I did today. so I shared my hotspot...

but I was just thinking if PM does offer the option of transferring the data to someones else account as I don't use and need data but it is in my plan. 

@mm80 

I did that, a friend of mine is using my sim as second (data) sim since almost beginning of covid, i don't need that much data for now and he does. If you trust the person or if you don't use that number for banking it's not a big deal. I'm on 15 plan now

I actually got tired of transferring my number so I ported it over to fongo anyways, If he gets an odd menage for me he just forward the contact and the message that's all

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@popping 

@darlicious 

Who would swap sims like that? I wouldn't. Call forwarding won't forward text messages.

@harleen 

If you get the fongo calling app you could call forward your phone numbers to each other's phones so you could still get calls from your contacts.

harleen

amazing, this thought did not come to my mind...

thanks for the response 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@harleen wrote:

hello, is this possible to transfer data from my account to another person's account. as I do not need data included in my plan so I want to transfer my unused data to my friend's account. is this possible???

It is not possible transfer data between accounts within the family.  My mother is using a flip phone and her account has total of free 7GB data add-on from PM over last 13 months, 

You can swap SIM card between you and your friend for a month to use up your data add-on if you and your friend does not mind to answer each other's phone calls.

@yanzhiqiang wrote:

Share a mobile connection by hotspot or tethering on Android

https://support.google.com/android/answer/9059108?hl=en

This would only work while the OP is with the friend. Both devices would have to be at the same location.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Share a mobile connection by hotspot or tethering on Android

https://support.google.com/android/answer/9059108?hl=en

harleen

okayyy thanks

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Sorry this is not possible. Public Mobile does not offer this option.

@harleen wrote:

Sorry, but there is no option for this.

Need Help? Let's chat.