cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time needed for community rewards

bobster69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi i'm just starting and asking myself how much involvement is needed in average to obtain the smallest reward for community reward.

7 REPLIES 7

@Anonymous wrote:

@popping wrote:

Members on this board had been saying that people will make more money by collecting bottles than spending time on community reward.  Now with COVID-19, I am not sure whether this saying is still true or not.  Both may make the same - not much for the amount of time spent.

Yeah. Retailers don't seem interested in bottles at this time. Recyclers/bottle depots not sure yet. Unless others have found them still doing it.

The bottle depots are still open in our area as this is one of the main sources of income for some people. With small bottle deposits worth $0.10 now it helps even more.

"The coronavirus (COVID-19) situation is concerning for us all, and is changing the way many of us go about our daily lives.  Beverage container refunds provide many of our customers with a significant portion of their income.  Our priority is to continue to support these customers, our team members, and our community, especially during these uncertain times."

Being a major proponent of Refuse, Reduce, Recycle I hadn’t thought about bottle deposit returns at this point in time. I wouldn’t be out doing unnecessary things like that currently anyway but I can see retailers not wanting to handle them either though the (normal) laws likely say they have to. I Will store them in garage for the future along with the other “depot only” recyclables in BC including styrofoam and most film/flexible plastic packaging. Curb-side recycling is ongoing, was picked up here yesterday.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

Members on this board had been saying that people will make more money by collecting bottles than spending time on community reward.  Now with COVID-19, I am not sure whether this saying is still true or not.  Both may make the same - not much for the amount of time spent.

Yeah. Retailers don't seem interested in bottles at this time. Recyclers/bottle depots not sure yet. Unless others have found them still doing it.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have found that sometimes even just a handful of really useful, well liked posts is enough to get you in the top 50%. Going beyond that takes some work. Especially because most people know the answer to most questions so to really be helpful you have to be one of the first people to answer.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bobster69 

Spending time on this forum is not time wasted.  You will learn how PM system works.  You will know what to do when something happens to your account.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is not any set amount of time.  PM has a secret formula for calculating awards.  You would have to participate almost every day to be awarded.

Need Help? Let's chat.