cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this morning, No service on my simcard

luekekel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried simcard on another phone, still no service. Other phone has service from public mobile.

19 REPLIES 19

@darlicious 

It's not unique to Public. There's always someone willing to steal to get free service.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/Add-on/m-p/577948#M3974

@kselmak 

With this new simjacking scam the moderators have restored service to the original sim card. This is now happening at least once a week. I wonder if its unique to public mobile because its so easy for us to change the sim card? Its often accompanied with the purchase of data add ons or a switch to the $50/8.5gb plan.*

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@Anonymous  so far, 2 iPhone 6's and a Moto Z all of them no longer receiving security updates. Just something that I noticed. Stay safe.

I knew you just had to be gathering the data points for something.

Thanks.

Nice observing.

@Anonymous  so far, 2 iPhone 6's and a Moto Z all of them no longer receiving security updates. Just something that I noticed. Stay safe.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gblackma wrote:

@luekekel could you please provide us with witht he make and model of your phone?  Thanks.  Stay safe. 

@gblackma 

I'm curious why you frequently ask what the phone is when I don't see the relevance. So I wonder what your relevance is. Not being critical. Not correcting. Just curious.

@luekekel could you please provide us with witht he make and model of your phone?  Thanks.  Stay safe. 

@gpixel 

I'm afraid it's not possible to change it to nulled sim card, I was told long time ago that nobody can do it. Maybe things changed. @luekekel would you mind letting us know the outcome, I'd really appreciate it

@luekekel 

Very important to change your security questions as they could see it easily

Also mispell your name as they have all the necessary info to port you out, if your name is different from what they write in the transfer form it will fail

Please do it assp

@luekekel is lost/stolen mode enabled? you need to disable it. if it's still not working contact mods

I think moderators are the only ones who can change your sim back to your current sim. if you are currently in contact with them then just wait. also I would message them again and say you were sim jacked and you need immediate assistance

luekekel

Thanks, you were right. my sim card was changed over night somehow. i changed all my passwords. when i try to change the sim card back to my own its not allowing it. any tips?

Thanks

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@luekekel 

If your account status is active and after trying phone restart and lost/stolen phone trick, your phone is still not working.  It is time to test your SIM with a known working phone to determine whether the problem is due to your phone or PM service issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@luekekel wrote:

im mid cycle, account says that i owe no money. autopay is on. I can not dial *611 as there is no service.

If you're still able to log in then I would suggest using the lost/stolen Suspend feature until you get this sorted out. I would also change the password.

Then I would check my financial services to make sure everything's as I would expect it.

Then you can Resume service for when you think something might work.

Edit: and then I looked closer at gblackma's long post that is usually just his copy/paste of contacting the moderators. 🙂

@luekekel hi when using SIMon

type "no service"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

@luekekel wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Ive had the account for years. tried to take sim out reboot then back in. tried airplane. tried to reset network settings. tried software update

Did you get a new phone recently? What is the model of you phone?

If it is the same phone you used all along and you already tried things to reconnect, I would Contact the Moderator_Team via private message using this link to check on your account and get it reprovisioned maybe.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@luekekel please log into your self sevice account and choose the change sim option and compare the last 4 digits to the sim card in your phone. The Sims should match.

20200723_093448.jpg

If they don't, then you may have been sim jacked. Change your password and name on the account.  Immediately place your phone on lost/ stolen. Change email, bank, credit card passwords that may be at risk. Contact the relevant places.

If they do match. Then try these  tricks to reset your service. You could try in order:
1.Restarting your phone. Turn it off, remove the SIM card, reinsert it, wait 5 minutes and restart it.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

20200504_182846.jpg

In both cases, contact the moderators. In the former contact them and ask them to switch your service back to the original SIM card. In the latter, contact them and ask them to reset your service.  

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

luekekel

im mid cycle, account says that i owe no money. autopay is on. I can not dial *611 as there is no service.

luekekel

Thanks for the reply. Ive had the account for years. tried to take sim out reboot then back in. tried airplane. tried to reset network settings. tried software update

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@luekekel @Hi is your plan up for renewal are you on autopay what does your account say active or suspended?dial *611 to find out

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@luekekel wrote:

Tried simcard on another phone, still no service. Other phone has service from public mobile.

Hi @luekekel ,

Did you just port a number? Could take up to 3 hours to days (if landline).

If you did not port and you have had services previously, it sounds like you got disconnected from the network. Try:

*removing your SIM card and reinserting it. Reboot

*go into airplane mode for 5 minutes, then turn airplane mode off. Reboot

Need Help? Let's chat.