cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the end of my first month on auto-pay - text question

ichor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Very exciting, I've been here almost a whole month! 

I got a text from PM to say that my bill will be due on the 1st of April and don't worry if I have auto-pay (which I do).  But then, I got a text from PM saying that my bill is due on the 2nd of April and don't worry if I have Auto-pay.

um... is this normal to get two texts like that?

I logged in to "my account" to see that it's due on April 2nd, so I'm going to wait and see if my auto-pay works.  

I'm also really happy that I chose the right plan. It's been a heavy use month with almost 15 min used.  It sure is nice being able to have an affordable plan for small usage like mine.

7 REPLIES 7

@ichor wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

@ichor a way to test your autopay would be to manually apply payment of $1 now. The first text was sent out in error, sometimes the 611 bug spits them out.  The second one is right. 

The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30  day cycle. Once your phone is working properly ignore it. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

Great!  Thank you so much.

It's a whole new thing having the phone company sending me texts.  The old guys just took my money and send me an email every few months when they raised the rates.  I wish I switched to PM years ago.

You're going to hear that phrase a lot around here !

Welcome aboard.

ichor

@gblackma wrote:

@ichor a way to test your autopay would be to manually apply payment of $1 now. The first text was sent out in error, sometimes the 611 bug spits them out.  The second one is right. 

The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30  day cycle. Once your phone is working properly ignore it. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

Great!  Thank you so much.

It's a whole new thing having the phone company sending me texts.  The old guys just took my money and send me an email every few months when they raised the rates.  I wish I switched to PM years ago.

@ichor wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@ichor  Best to go with what is on selfserve or by dialing 611 from your phone. Please note that April 2 is your renewal so if you didn't have Auto-Pay  setup you would have to make payment by 11:59 PM EDT April 1st, 2020.

I've got auto-pay set up, so can I just sit back and relax with the assumption it will charge my card on the 2nd and everything will be sunshine and roses?  

@ichor  Most of the time. :smileyhappy: Even if you make the $1 payment you are not guaranteed that Auto-Pay will work.  The best way is as others have mentioned to make payment of the entire amount 1-2 days before your renewal is due. That way if there is a problem you have enough time to resolve the problem before your account gets suspended. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

ichor

@geopublic wrote:

@ichor  Best to go with what is on selfserve or by dialing 611 from your phone. Please note that April 2 is your renewal so if you didn't have Auto-Pay  setup you would have to make payment by 11:59 PM EDT April 1st, 2020.

I've got auto-pay set up, so can I just sit back and relax with the assumption it will charge my card on the 2nd and everything will be sunshine and roses?  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ichor wrote:

Very exciting, I've been here almost a whole month! 

I got a text from PM to say that my bill will be due on the 1st of April and don't worry if I have auto-pay (which I do).  But then, I got a text from PM saying that my bill is due on the 2nd of April and don't worry if I have Auto-pay.

um... is this normal to get two texts like that?

I logged in to "my account" to see that it's due on April 2nd, so I'm going to wait and see if my auto-pay works.  

I'm also really happy that I chose the right plan. It's been a heavy use month with almost 15 min used.  It sure is nice being able to have an affordable plan for small usage like mine.

Welcome to PM. Some seasoned PM'ers will manually load $$ into Available Funds a day or two ahead of renewal to avoid a potential autopay glitch that crops up on a rare occasion. Seems to make the renewal process happy !

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.