Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

texting image problems

toduong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

for the last couple of days, whenever i send an image i got this error

can't send your message right now. will send when the service is available

does anyone experiencing the same issue?  or just me?

thanks.

14 REPLIES 14

toduong

i m using a xiaomi max 2.

all other functions work. just texting image.  i think ir is something at the server level.

seem to be good now.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

Maybe Samsung does a quick toggle on mobile data to get the MMS sent/received.  It could make for some irate users as mobile data may be turned off for good reason (avoiding overage charges).

LG G4 does the samething when using the default messaging app.

@Anonymous wrote:

@toduong wrote:

nope. not iphone.

i am enaging PM support. they did something to my account and it worked. though .5 later problem is back.  Support has moved to level 2 and asked me to monitor over the next couple of hours. At the moment, i can.send image.

I discovered a while ago that my Samsung S7 running A8 will flip automatically into cell data mode when sending an MMS and then turn off. It doesn't grab a data buffer either. I've looked around a little to see if it's a setting of some sort without much luck (nor too much time 🙂 )

My other account is on a Nokia Windows phone that needs data to be on.

Maybe your phone has some setting that is now off that used to let you send MMS without turning on data. But it _really_ should have worked manually turning data on.

Maybe Samsung does a quick toggle on mobile data to get the MMS sent/received.  It could make for some irate users as mobile data may be turned off for good reason (avoiding overage charges).

@toduong wrote:

that is not truth i always have my mobile data off. i was able to send and receive image until 2 days ago.

I will respectfully disagree.  I am using a dual SIM card phone with Public Mobile on SIM 1 and a competing brand that offers inexpensive data on SIM 2.  When I am on SIM 2 for data that is the same as turning data off on the Public Mobile service as only one data connection is allowed at a time on the phone.  When a MMS comes in, the messaging app will give me a notification that I should turn mobile data on to receive an awaiting MMS.  Similarly, is I send a MMS, it sits in the queue until I turn on SIM 1 mobile data.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@toduong wrote:

nope. not iphone.

i am enaging PM support. they did something to my account and it worked. though .5 later problem is back.  Support has moved to level 2 and asked me to monitor over the next couple of hours. At the moment, i can.send image.

I discovered a while ago that my Samsung S7 running A8 will flip automatically into cell data mode when sending an MMS and then turn off. It doesn't grab a data buffer either. I've looked around a little to see if it's a setting of some sort without much luck (nor too much time 🙂 )

My other account is on a Nokia Windows phone that needs data to be on.

Maybe your phone has some setting that is now off that used to let you send MMS without turning on data. But it _really_ should have worked manually turning data on.

@toduong wrote:

nope. not iphone.

Please share with us how this works. What phone are you using?

Btw were your other services working? Regular SMS? Calling?

Ed404

@toduong wrote:

nope. not iphone.

If it's fine right now don't do anything and follow their instructions.

toduong

nope. not iphone.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@toduong What phone are you using? Is it iPhone?

In that case, you might be using wifi instead of mobile data.

Ed404

@toduong wrote:

no. 

i was able to do it without data enable before. even with data enabled.problem persist.

You probably need to use the APN settings:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

toduong

that is not truth i always have my mobile data off. i was able to send and receive image until 2 days ago.

toduong

no. 

i was able to do it without data enable before. even with data enabled.problem persist.

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Even though unlimited picture messaging is included in your plan, you have to enable mobile data to receive or send picture messages.

Can you check whether mobile data is working on your phone? If not, you may need to setup your apn.

Ed404

Do you have data enabled?

Need Help? Let's chat.