cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text messages

mercert
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do not receive all texts, seem to miss quite a few or I receive them days?

11 REPLIES 11

BenjaminQC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You may have already tried, but if your plan has data, try activating it and see if the problem persists. If the texts you don't receive come from an iPhone, it could be that people send you texts using iMessage and don't check to make sure the text was delivered. Probably not the solution, but hey, we never know!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mercert wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll give them all a try. Just to add, I recently switched from Bell, using the same phone, ASUS Zenphone 3, that's when I started having the issue. Possible for it to be a setup issue?

Restart your phone will fix your issue.

Changing provider need to restart phone after inserting your new SIM card.

It is not a problem using old phone with SIM card slot is under a removable battery.  The old design ensures an automatic phone restart.  But the new phone with non-removable battery and hot SIM card swap without turning off phone is a problem with manual phone restart.

Welcome to PM.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mercert wrote:

@mercert   If all the suggestions don't resolve your issue then you need to ask moderators to take a look at your account to see what is going on.  Submit a ticket via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type in your issue, select contact us/moderators, then submit ticket when these options appear and follow the prompts to finish.

mercert

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll give them all a try. Just to add, I recently switched from Bell, using the same phone, ASUS Zenphone 3, that's when I started having the issue. Possible for it to be a setup issue?

mercert

That should have been

.....or I receive them days later

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Which app are you using? It's most often the app, force close it, clan its cache then restart it. Try using phones native app make sure it's updated.

If that doesn't work, try restarting it in different phone.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mercert wrote:

How many of your friends are using iPhone iMessage app?

Are you missing the text messages sent by your friend using iPhone?

iMessage users need to enable SMS on the iMessage settings before Android user can receive the text message using the cell channel.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@mercert  you can also try force closing the text app and restart your phone. Welcome to the community.  Stay safe. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your history.

Do you see those messages in your usage history

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/call-history/

Tru

Y rebooting your phone and toggle airplane mode.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mercert if your reception is spotty this can happen.

what's the make and model of the phone?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mercert wrote:

Try toggling Airplane mode ON for a few minutes...then OFF again. Restart phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.