cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switch to PM from freedom mobile and start new line

volmul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi All,

I plan to switch my existing number from freedom mobile prepaid to PM and get a new second number for my daughter.

The plan I want to get for both of us is the 30 CAD plan to start with.

Question: What are the steps to make this as cost efficient as possible? 

Thank you in advance for your help.

10 REPLIES 10

volmul

Thank you all again. Looking forward to joining the PM community!

@hzmy Very good idea!!!!

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@volmul wrote:

Thanks so much for all the quick answers and suggestions.

To clarify: If I order 2 sim cards online now, I can later activate them and get the referral credit at that time and whatever other promo is on at that time?

Yes, you can activate whenever you are ready, or whenever there is a good promo comes.

BUT, keep in mind of one thing. If it is promotion season, or some other holiday season, you might experience longer than normal wait time for porting in a number which may result in a few days of "no service" due to the big backlog. 

What I would recommend in this case is, get the deals, promo, discount, wherever first, start with some new number while you are signing up, and port the number into the PM account after the peak season.

Yes @volmul that’s simple!!! Just pay attention with the new promotion tthat will  come !!! Announcement on the first page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@volmul wrote:

To clarify: If I order 2 sim cards online now, I can later activate them and get the referral credit at that time and whatever other promo is on at that time?

Of course. SIM's don't have a shelf-life. (well unless the company disappears).

But as you've read here...you can also wait for the free sim promos that come up fairly frequently.

volmul

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM has promo for in-store or online activations. 

In-store promo is like the weekend promo - free SIM card and free second month service.

Online promo is usually the $25 referral credit for referrer and referee.  Normally, referral credit is only $10 for referee and no one time credit for referrer - just the $1/30days cycle.

If you are going for the cheap $10 plan, wait for the $25 online referral offer.  But you need to buy your SIM card.  If you target for high price plan, wait for the in-store promo to get free SIM card and second month free.

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@volmul wrote:

Hi All,

I plan to switch my existing number from freedom mobile prepaid to PM and get a new second number for my daughter.

If you can wait, stay till some good promo shows up, like first and second month for free, or 25$ referral credits, + 10$/month.

If you can't wait, what you need to do is to try to get referrals for the first account you setup, and for the second account you set up, use the first account's number as a referral.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Step 1 - get a referral number from someone. This means getting the phone number of someone who is already with Public Mobile. This will get you at least a $10 credit per line. 

Step 2 - I would get ready with 2 SIM cards from Public Mobile. Either buy them from a WOW outlet or Walmart (they may not sell to you) or just order online from PM. 

Step - 3 - Hang around and wait for a promo. Usually something every few weeks and typically on weekend. Popular promos inlcude: Go to store, get a free sim, and get your 2nd month free. Or sign up at home and get a $25 credit for both you and the person who referred you. 

You can refer your daughter once your account is up and running, so that makes the 2nd promo doubly good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@volmul wrote:

Hi All,

Wait for new promos like $0 sim/2nd term free. Or double credit for referring. Or a screamin' offer on a plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.