cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still old phone number showing on sim card in about section, after porting

btorkian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just joined PM last night. I was assigned a number and after wards I immidiately ported my cell phone number in self serve area. porting was successful and every thing seems  to be OK except that in the about section of my android phone the number associated with the sim card still showing the temporary number I was assigned in the initial sim activation. My caller ID seems to be accurate and updated but just in the about section of the android phone the sim card associated with the PM shows my old number. I searched the net and I cant find a coherent answer yet. can you help me.

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

btorkian

Thanks... I contacted them and it seemed it was a glitch in their (PM) system. It is fixed now. Thanks for your time

GR
Mayor / Maire

@btorkian you can message the moderator ans see if they can fix it. I know when I switched from bell to eastlink with my android phone I had to call eastlink after and they sent  a carrier update to my phone to change the number but when I switched to public mobile everything changed like it should! Clock here to send them a message https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

It may take a few days to hear back from them! 

btorkian

I did that and powered off the phone and back on. the good news is I did not loose rewards but the bad news is I still get the same old phone number. I read somewhere that this is an android issue and it registers the initial phone number in the sim and it never forgets that! I hope that is not true other wise the only solution would be changing the sim... any more suggestions? 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@btorkian  I have never lost rewards because of that but I can't say for anybody else! It's only for 10 minutes to reprovision the account and hopefully it will change the number.  

btorkian

I have already done the power off cycle with no benefit. regarding your suggestion to suspend the account and resume it back, I read that you will lose your rewards if you suspend your account. please advise.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@btorkian you could take out your sim card, restart the phone and then put it back in. If that doesn't work log into your self serve account and click on the lost/stolen phone and log out. Wait 10 minutes  log back in and click on found phone and then restart your phone and check if it changed the phone number 

Need Help? Let's chat.