cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spam

shawmail
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

public keeps sending annoying and useless texts to my phone about autopay.

how do i stop public from sending me their spam texts?

8 REPLIES 8

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@shawmail wrote:

It's not spam but I see you don't want them. All you do is block messages from the sender. Go into texting app settings or in Messages, tell the app to archive anything from them. If you don't remember to pay, your plan will stop working.

@GR wrote:

@shawmail i think you can reply with unsubscribe but then you won't get any promos or anything from that number 

Can't unsubscribe to payment reminders

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shawmail  The same way you stop other spam of you think it's spam.

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

@shawmail you can block the number, but then you run the risk of blocking out more "useful" texts from PM,  while a notification for balance under $5 would be nice to have.I think it's essentially free if you have voice and data.

Erm, sorry @Jackhyf63, I don't follow.

Why would you need an extra notification for that (besides the renewal reminder that tthe op is complaining about)? Public Mobile does NOT have a pay as you go feature, and there will never be unexpected or overage charges. If you run out of metered minutes/texts/data the service just stops until your next renewal, or until you buy an add-on, if applicable.

I also think that service messages from Public Mobile don't count towards metered texts (on the now discontinue $10 plan, all current in-market plans, exept for the data only plan, include unlimited texts)

tsparkle21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@shawmail wrote:

Is PM sending text messages for you to subscribe to AutoPay? If so, the easiest way to get rid of the text and save $2 is to subscribe to AutoPay 😬

I only get 2 texts each period:

- payment is due soon

- plan is renewed

These messages are acceptable notifications, no?

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@shawmail you can block the number, but then you run the risk of blocking out more "useful" texts from PM,  while a notification for balance under $5 would be nice to have.I think it's essentially free if you have voice and data.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If you are getting the text from Public Mobile, I suggest growing thicker skin and not unsubscribing.  It is not all advertising.  Frankly auto pay is not advertising.  Anyway, I have seen lots of regrets from customers who unsubscribed.  

GR
Mayor / Maire

@shawmail i think you can reply with unsubscribe but then you won't get any promos or anything from that number 

Need Help? Let's chat.