cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so no way to get two lines in one account like a family?

jqian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it correct to say that it's not possible to get two or more lines in one account?

It's tedious to manage multiple accounts in the family. And it's actually discouraging for family to sign-up multiple lines especially when all the other carriers allow so.

12 REPLIES 12

@AE_Collector 

It's not advisable to have three accounts go thru renewal on the same day with the same credt card as multiple charges in a short period of time from the same source could trigger a security/fraud lock. Thats why it best to have a max of two and stagger the activation of additional accounts over a couple of days.

I thought I had read on here numerous times that a third account requires a different credit card. I only have two accounts on one credit card. Am I getting this confused with something else? Not sure what though...

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

@geopublic 

I thought more than two accounts using the same card either wasn’t possible OR may raise some flags and/or problems?

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  I'm using the same cc on multiple accounts without any issues. Who told you it wasn't possible?

@AE_Collector wrote:

@geopublic 

I thought more than two accounts using the same card either wasn’t possible OR may raise some flags and/or problems?

AE_Collector

I believe that only becomes an issue if the accounts all renew on the same day.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jqian 

Please note that using email address aliases is to get around the activation issue.  Real work starts after the activation.  In order to check each account, you still need to login each account separately which you want to avoid.  

I manage 8 PM accounts myself for my family.  But the saving keeps me staying with PM.

@geopublic 

AE_Collector

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@jqian 

Workaround:

1. Use email aliases for each account   xxxxx-1@xxxxx.xxx, xxxxx-2@xxxxx.xxx etc
  2. Use the same password for all accounts
  3. Use the same credit card for all accounts

And while @jqian mentions multiple phones/lines on one account I suspect what is really being looked for is multiple phones sharing one block of data IE: Family Plans. PM doesn’t have those either. While yes some other providers have that I dont think that any other third tier providers have that. Things are very basic around here from people looking for very basic service and prices. PM is a niche provider owned by Telus and they want you to step up to Koodo or Telus for more variety of plans and offerings. 

AE_Collector

gjong26
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Its not so bad.  All you have to do is log into that particular account to manage through Self-Serve.  It wouldnt be any different than using multiple email accounts.  Once you setup Auto-Pay whats there to manage.  Unless you are constantly needing to add Add-Ons and what have you.  I manage all my affairs online.  Banking, bills, house stuff, all through various apps, online and emails.  I think its so much easier than having to call someone..... Wait on the phone... just to talk to someone when majority of the time it can be done online without anyone elses assistance.  

Thats just my take.  Not everybody is comfortable with doing things online but once you get use to it its easy peasy.  Just take note of all your accounts so you have the info on hand in case your forget.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jqian 

I'm afraid not one email, one sim card = one account. But the advantage means you can refer all the family or have each family member refer the next for the $1 reward and the $10 bonus credit. Each will get the autopay reward of $2 and the $1 loyalty reward starting on day 361. You can use the same credit card for 2 on the same day but you can stagger the other accounts by a day or 2 so the multiple charges don't trigger a security lock,

Edit: double ninja'd

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, PM only allows one phone# per account, email, and sim.  You would need to purchase a sim for each account.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Sorry not possible.

Each sim equals

• One email address
  • You can use same credit card
  • You can use email aliases

Don't forget a referral code for a$10 signup bonus. For first account. Then use the referral code from created account for next sign up to get the $1 referral rewards as well. $1 for  the referer $10 for new account signed up.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.