cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simcard not working

ammaryunus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am trying to activate the simcard but not working and my plan is active and the simcard says no service its a iphone se 

13 REPLIES 13

Mandeepkainth
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Could you try your sim card in another unlocked device? Hopefully you will find solution.🙂

ah ok. My original response was thinking the OP had not yet completed porting and that os why he would have to wait. Alright I think Inhave it all straight now lol

@Naepalm wrote:

@will13am right, so with him saying his account is activated probably means the port had already completed. Alright Ill make note for future responses. Thanks for pointing that out. 

No necessarily.  An account can be active even when a port is in progress.  In progress port only affects where calls and text go.  If the port is not completed, the number is still with the old provider and so calls and text will go there.  

@will13am right, so with him saying his account is activated probably means the port had already completed. Alright Ill make note for future responses. Thanks for pointing that out. 

@ammaryunus wrote:

i tried with different phones didnt work

In that case, I suggest that you contact the moderator team to look into the situation.  They could help with getting a replacement SIM card also.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@ammaryunus try 2 things in order 

1. sync to iTunes
    1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
    2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
    3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
    4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
    5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
    6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.
    1. Touch Settings.
    2. Touch General.
    3. Scroll to and touch Reset.
    4. Touch Reset Network Settings.
    5. Touch Reset Network Settings.
    6. The iPhone will reboot. Once it turns on, the default network settings will be restored.
      reset the network settings on my Apple iPhone

Restart your phone if it doesn't, if it works, reenter your wifi if applicable,enable  data, sms and mms to send and receive from Android phones. Stay safe. 

ammaryunus

i tried with different phones didnt work

BK0110

I'm sure you've already tried this, but did you configure your APN settings?
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-iphone

@Naepalm wrote:
You may need to wait a few hours before it kicks in and begins working if you just ported your number.

While number ports may take time which generally affect incoming calls and text.  The connection to the network is immediate following activation.  

ammaryunus

the phone is from telus and ported the number from telus worked for few hours and then stopped working 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ammaryunus , do you have another phone that you can test out the SIM card?  SIM cards are really robust and rarely fail.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ammaryunus wrote:

i am trying to activate the simcard but not working and my plan is active and the simcard says no service its a iphone se 

Where did your SE come from...was it a CDN cell provider previously ? Has your phone been blaclisted ? Go to top of page "Get Started" to see if your phone is compatible here.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire
You may need to wait a few hours before it kicks in and begins working if you just ported your number.
Need Help? Let's chat.