cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim network pin

ben8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my account was accepted and everything but when i put the sim card in my phone it asks for a sim network puk and i dont know what that is

10 REPLIES 10

relax @Anonymous., breath brotha.

I didn't see "sim network PUK"  it's 5 in the morning and my eyes are like Cheech and chong.

my bad @mimmo you might have beat the gpixel4 this time. 👍

@Anonymous @Tiana_V stills owes me my oracle badge

@ben8 wrote:

This did not work. I was not givin any puk code or number 

@ben8 

What is the exact message shown on your phone when you inserted the PM Sim card?  That makes a difference.  

ben8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This did not work. I was not givin any puk code or number 

ryanrudolf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i think this shouldnt be confused with the SIM PUK code. each SIM comes with a PUK code, usually its written on a small paper and it comes inside the packaging whenever you buy a SIM card. mine came in and i tucked it somewhere safe in case i would need it. the only time you will need the PUK code is when you put a SIM PIN and after three wrong attempts it will ask for the PUK code.

@ben8  when contacting your previous provider or Samsung online they may require your imei code to unlock your phone for you. Dial *#06# to obtain it on your phone. Welcome to PM. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

@mimmo it's a PUK code @mimmo 

@ben8 contact customer support here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

You've been here a month and you're going to dump all over an Oracle?! They're certainly not untouchable but that post is not wrong.

Have a close read of that post from Triguy.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is a detailed explanation by one of the Oracle's Luddite. "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."  is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.   "SIM network unlock PIN"  is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.   “PIN unlock key (PUK)”  is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card.  The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.  If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it. Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN. Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted at the following address:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo 🙏 🖖

@ben8 contact customer support here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ben8  you phone is locked to your previous provider. You need to contact them for the unlock pin.  Typically only they can provide them. (Free)

Some asking phones can be unlocked by contacting Samsung.  eBay can also provide some unlock codes.  But. First try the old provider

@gpixel  thanks

@Edit: my info is if your phone is locked to old provider and you have not tried entering a pin.  In your title it says pin in message puk.  Did you try entering an incorrect pin several times?  That is usually when puk message appears. 

Someone else might have a better course of action.

Need Help? Let's chat.