cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card

publicsux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i paid for a plan activated my sim card but its still not working anyone know why

9 REPLIES 9

@Helpershelper wrote:

I would make sure you’ve entered the right SIM card number in your account page. You can always visit a mall with a location inside that sells PM SIMs and have the clerk activate it for you. that’s the fastest way to activate with no problems.

As the customer's sim card has already been activated, the store cannot do anything for this customer.  A sim card cannot be activated twice. I would also say that going to a store in this situation is a very bad idea. The store salesperson might activate a second Public Mobile account for this customer and then, that will make the situation worse.

The very point of Public Mobile is to potentially save customers money. This means no customer service other than this online message forum and its moderators.  This also means no call centre and customer service at retail locations (other than activations, which has already been done in this case).

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@publicsux wrote:

i paid for a plan activated my sim card but its still not working anyone know why

Did you received a welcome email from PM shortly after activation?

If not, your SIM card may not be activated.

Login to your self-serve account.

Is your account status active?

If you cannot login to your account using your email address as the username and the password created during activation.

If your account is active, insert your PM SIM Card in your phone and restart your phone to let PM SIM card configure your phone automatically.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would make sure you’ve entered the right SIM card number in your account page. You can always visit a mall with a location inside that sells PM SIMs and have the clerk activate it for you. that’s the fastest way to activate with no problems.

@publicsux what's the make and model of the device? do you see public mobile in the notification area? try resetting your network settings

contact customer support mods if you're still having issues

click on the question mark chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen
type "no service"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

@publicsux wrote:

its a brand new phone set up with public

Public doesn't sell phones. Where did you buy it?

And which model phone are you using?

publicsux
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

its a brand new phone set up with public

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@publicsux wrote:

@publicsux hi is your phone unlocked?who was your last service provider?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@publicsux wrote:

So what's happening or not happening? Any messages from your phone? Did all steps in the activation complete cleanly? Is your phone unlocked? Is your phone compatible to here?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @publicsux 

Have you tried restarting your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.