cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card

4moniquelima
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i have payed for a plan and i have my sim card but it says my network is locked, my phone has always been unlocked im not sure what to do 

8 REPLIES 8

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Call the original provider of the cell phone it was bought from . Ask for your free unlock code if it's a Canadian cell phone. Then enter that code from the cell phone key pad . Your phone will then unlock . You should see the Public Mobile name show up. Try a call, picture text and web site to see if all working ok . If not go to your APN settings on your phone and punch in the APN settings for Public Mobile.  Once this is done hit save. 

Cheers. 

@Jackhyf63 wrote:

@4moniquelima Try  clearing your cache/history to make some browsers work with the PM website .

How is doing anything with the web browser going to allow sim cards from  diferent carriers to work?  The person is going to have to have the phone unlocked by the original carrier or pay for an unlcok code.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@4moniquelima wrote:

i have payed for a plan and i have my sim card but it says my network is locked, my phone has always been unlocked im not sure what to do 

When a phone asks for network unlock code, it is not unlocked. You need to unlock it first.

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@4moniquelima Try  clearing your cache/history to make some browsers work with the PM website .

JoeFrankRoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

reboot yourphone or buy a new sim

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Did you use that cell with a previous provider? Their SIM card may have locked your phone to their network.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@4moniquelima wrote:

Hi, sorry you are having issues.

Have you tried resetting network settings?

What makes you sure your phone is unlocked?

EDIT: Also have you tried restarting your phone?

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@4moniquelima wrote:

Did you try the sim in another phone where did you buy the phone and who makes the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.