cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card purchase and account set up issue

Dana13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to switch to public so I purchased a sim card online. The purchase shows up on my credit card statement but I didn't get a confirmation email so I can't track the card delivery.  I tried logging a ticket but it won't let me set up an account because I don't have a public phone number. I don't have a public phone number because I don't have a public sim card. I am finding this a frustrating process with no way to communicate directly.

20 REPLIES 20

felix67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you. your messages were very helpful.

@felix67  that's great thank you for removing it.

Just so you know. 

If someone comes on and opens a thread or posts in a thread asking for a referral code. Then you can private message them your code. (You would have to be fast as many people will send them one)

The other way to send someone a referral code is if someone simply private messaged you first asking to use your code.

Other than those two ways. We cannot post codes on the forums as well we can't send unsolicited codes to members. 

If they ask first then it is ok 🙂

felix67

i was able to edit the message with the help of our friend...

thanks

felix67

thanks,

i was able to edit the message...

with a little patience and grace of peoples like you we are capable to learn and do new things in life.

thank you and have a food day!

@felix67 

It is against the terms and conditions of these forums. If you don't remove it when an Oracle comes online they will remove it. @computergeek541 

Link below is the community terms posted by Public Mobile.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Mobile-Community/ct-p/Public_Mobile_Community

Keep it spam-free

The Community works best when information is easy to find. Please don’t clutter threads with posts advertising third-party services or products or send private messages with advertisements. Please also refrain from sharing your referral code with others in the Community in the public forums or via private message. Additionally, if a question has already been answered, then it may not be necessary to respond as well. 

felix67

i saw other peoples on this forum that they have provided theirs referral codes..

so, i am a little bit confuse...

@felix67  You have to go to page one of this thread and find the exact post that has your referral code posted. Click the 3 dots on that post then click "edit reply".

felix67

Thanks,

i have clicked on the 3 dots but i am not able to edit the message.

please teach me how to do it

@felix67 wrote:

Thanks,

So how exactly to proceed?

do we need to use other communications ways?

So we cannot use the PM community messages/emails to transmit this info?

You can promote your referral code any way you like, but not in this community forum, so please edit your post to remove the code.

felix67

Thanks,

So how exactly to proceed?

do we need to use other communications ways?

So we cannot use the PM community messages/emails to transmit this info?

@felix67 wrote:

Thanks for info.

please explain me so, how other peoples they proceed to use their activation code for others?

i am a continuous learner...

You can give your referral code out to your friends. Tell them about the savings you can receive from Public Mobile through referrals, loyalty and community participation.

felix67

Thanks for info.

please explain me so, how other peoples they proceed to use their activation code for others?

i am a continuous learner...

@felix67 

Referral codes are not allowed to be displayed in this forum. Please choose 3 vertical dots and edit your post. Thank you.

@computergeek541 

dots.jpg

felix67

Hi,

Canada post is very busy those times. You need a lot of patience!

when you activate your SIM card you can use referral code from your friend..

good luck.

janclar78
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered online as well, card came in eventually. It’s worth the wait 🙂

@mpcdesign wrote:

@Dana13, wouldn't it been easier if you went to Walmart to picked up a SIM card, and then set-it-all-up when you got with the SIM card?

I agree with that.. with my couple experiences with Walmart, they will give you the SIM for free.. they will put in all the information onto the system for you.  If there is any issue, they will try calling PM and try to sort it out.  

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

These days its good to avoid the stores if you can, shop online is a good option, you just have to be patient as there is a shipping backlog this time of year.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Dana13, wouldn't it been easier if you went to Walmart to picked up a SIM card, and then set-it-all-up when you got with the SIM card?

If you bought it from Public Mobile, chances are you won't get it within a week. If you are lucky and do some praying, maybe, it'll come before Christmas Day!
Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 5.45.44 PM.png

@Dana13 wrote:

I want to switch to public so I purchased a sim card online. The purchase shows up on my credit card statement but I didn't get a confirmation email so I can't track the card delivery.  I tried logging a ticket but it won't let me set up an account because I don't have a public phone number. I don't have a public phone number because I don't have a public sim card. I am finding this a frustrating process with no way to communicate directly.

You won't be able to setup a Public Mobile account until you get the SIM card/know the SIM card number. As for a shipping confirmation, Public Mobile does not always send SIM cards using a trackable shipping method. Sometimes, Public Mobile mails SIM cards as a standard letter.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Dana13 

Use this private link to contact a moderator.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

It may take up to 3 weeks for delivery. It might be faster if you purchase a sim card from Walmart, London Drugs or Canadian Cell Supplies for $2.99.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/sim-cards

Need Help? Let's chat.