cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not working

natashadesigns
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

just switched to samsung6 and it is not recognizing my sim card. phone is unlocked and i have tried reinserting the card many times. The sim card is active as it still works in my old phone. Phone says public network is not available. Only other thing phone is saying is diagmont stopped working

10 REPLIES 10

@natashadesigns contact customer support here

type "no service" then

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

@natashadesigns wrote:

checked and phone is unlocked. was a bell phone then was unlocked and used for telus

@natashadesigns  If it worked with TELUS then it should work with Public Mobile as both companies share the same network.

Check the network settings and make sure the device is not set to manually connect to Telus. Best to select the automatic network option. 

natashadesigns

tried and nothing. still says selected network (public mobile ) not available

natashadesigns

checked and phone is unlocked. was a bell phone then was unlocked and used for telus

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@natashadesigns 

remove the sim and try cleaning the gold connections on the sim and lightly blow inside the sim card slot. 

1. Open Settings>Connections>mobile networks>network operators>search for networks
2. Tap the network you would like(Public Mobile)
or you can let it automatically search for the network
3. Restart your phone

natashadesigns

tried all of these. still nothing

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@natashadesigns wrote:

just switched to samsung6 and it is not recognizing my sim card. phone is unlocked and i have tried reinserting the card many times. The sim card is active as it still works in my old phone. Phone says public network is not available. Only other thing phone is saying is diagmont stopped working

@natashadesigns  Check with Samsung website and make sure that your phone is not locked.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@natashadesigns reset your network settings and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

Reset Network Settings - Samsung Galaxy S6 
From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings. > Backup and reset. These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
  1. From the Reset section, tap Reset network settings.
  2. Review the info then tap RESET SETTINGS.
  3. Review the info then tap RESET SETTINGS to confirm.

If thus doesnt work try these tricks to restart/ reset your phone service. You could try in order:
1.Restarting your phone. Turn it off, remove the SIM card, reinsert it, wait 5 minutes and restart it.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.

natashadesigns

galaxy  s6. have rebooted phone multiple times

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@natashadesigns 

Which Samsung?  S6?  

Maybe try rebooting phone.  Network reset on the phone.  

Need Help? Let's chat.