cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not valid

lvliets
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was creating an account and when I needed to confirm the info, my postal code was not correct so I clicked previous button over and over until it brought me to the page to reenter it. i reentered the postal code, then it said the password I had previously selected was invalid. so I needed to create a new one, when I tried to continue to the next page it said my SIM was invalid!!!!!!!! now what?

6 REPLIES 6

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try what @JK8 suggests. Entry of SIM...no spaces....and the other meaning of invalid can be the SIM is already active. Did you buy it new (Sim only) or from a retailer that gave you a phone number and you prepaid for a 30 plan as well?

@Rosie2003 wrote:

Hello

When I try to activate my new SIM card by entering it's number, I get an error that says it's invalid. Wondering if the card came to me defective...

Can you clear your browser cache/cookies and open a new window in incognito. Chrome or edge browser works well. Let us know if this makes a difference.

Rosie2003
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

When I try to activate my new SIM card by entering it's number, I get an error that says it's invalid. Wondering if the card came to me defective...

@lvliets

Since you have to wait out the 50 min lock out session get yourself prepared to activate again. Have a copy of your credit card billing address. A paper and a pen to write down your pin#, password, email, security question and answer. Put that in a safe place in case you ever need it. Pour yourself a tasty beverage and relax.....when you are ready follow these steps :

$$ Did you register your email for either the free second month or Diwali promo and recieve the confirmation email?

• Clear your browser history and close all tabs.
  • Reboot your device.
  • Open one tab only in secret/incognito mode.
  • Firefox, chrome or safari work best.
  • Do not use back button
  • Enter your referral code about halfway down the first activation page
  • If you are not porting in choose a phone number.*
  • Check the authorized to port box first.
  • Enter the name on the account of the phone number you want to port.
  • Add the account # and the phone number you wish to port.
  • The alternate number is optional. ( Use a home, work, family members phone # etc...)
  • Do not use the apt/unit box in your credit card billing address details.
  • Add any suite # to your street address. ie 101-123 1st AVE W YOUR TOWN, PROV,
  • Do not add a space to the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  • Or drop the last digit and leave the space in the postal code to match the billing.
  • USE ALL CAPS if necessary

* If you are porting in from koodo prepaid, pc mobility, a voip #, landline or number parking service like number barn choose a temporary phone # and contact the moderators to initiate the port once all of your services are working.

Good luck and welcome to public mobile!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lvliets , your SIM card has been session locked for an hour.  Clear browser cache, wait out the session lock and try again.  Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lvliets 

It's like a progressive set of forms. One form leads to the next.

You'll need to wait about an hour and try again.

Don't forget using a referral code for a $10 credit.

Need Help? Let's chat.