cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not valid? I just got it brand new in the mail! ??

Ash786
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i am not sure what the issues are. just got the sim card in the mail and trying to activate it but showing invalid. need help! 

7 REPLIES 7

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Ash786 wrote:

i am not sure what the issues are. just got the sim card in the mail and trying to activate it but showing invalid. need help! 

Hi @Ash786 your sim card came with a little brochure on how to activate your sim card.  You should have followed those steps.  But not to worry, here's the link to start your Public Mobile Online Activation.   I hope this helps.  Good luck!

Welcome to Public Mobile and the Community!  1

@Helpershelper wrote:

If you get an alert that says Invalid SIM or No SIM Card installed, follow these steps.

1. Make sure that you have an active plan with PM.
  2. Update your phone's operating system
  3. Restart your phone
  4. Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn’t loose.

If all else fails it could be a bad SIM and you should get a new one my mail or in store.

@Helpershelper @Triguy 

An invalid sim card message on the activation website is not an indication of a device's locked status or of any physcial sim card issue. It only means that either the sim card number was entered incorrectly or that sim card number has been used before.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you get an alert that says Invalid SIM or No SIM Card installed, follow these steps.

1. Make sure that you have an active plan with PM.
  2. Update your phone's operating system
  3. Restart your phone
  4. Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn’t loose.

If all else fails it could be a bad SIM and you should get a new one my mail or in store.

Narayan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Just an afterthought. If you have not done yet, you need to enter the 19 digit SIM number in the online link : https://activate.publicmobile.ca/ to start the activation process. Once you complete the entire process as prompted, you would get a confirmation email immediately indication SIM activation is successful.

In PM, everything is online, I am just curious, if you have inserted the SIM in your phone SIM slot and restarted the phone like other service providers generally ask us do, then, that process would not activate PM SIM. You need to follow the above steps. Hope this helps!

All the best! 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Is your phone unlocked ?  Did you have a previous provider ?

Narayan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just activated a new SIM of PM yesterday without any issues. If you have followed the correct activation steps including setting up a self-serve account, you would get an email confirmation immediately on your registered email. Then you would get a text message on your phone after 1-2 hrs asking for -restarting the phone.  Then your good to go. All the best!! 

Welcome to the PM community. we are here to help each other 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you pass the payment section?

If yes check if your card was charged.

If it was charged put your sim card in your phone it will likely work.

If it does work and you were charged go to link below to create your self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were not charged. System locks sim for 50 minutes. Wait one hour, clear internet cookie/history cache open a fresh browser in incognito mode and try again.

Don't forget a referral code for a $10 sign up bonus. If you used one and were charged and service works the credit will be applied within 72 hours.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.