cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card not properly activated

LLR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my sim card. My account all set up I thought. I received a text from public mobile saying ....To complete your request to public Mobile go into your account and click on contact us and complete the sim and activation form online. You will need to provide the correct ESN/MEID from your previous service provider.  I went into my account and first of all I cant find were it says contact us....I tried to reactivate my sim card but it says its invalid. I can recive texts but no phone calls. Not sure what to do, please help.

9 REPLIES 9

@Stub- Yes it's all overly complicated. Are you trying the esim or card? You can do the whole sign up on the app or half-way on the web site and then required to finish on the app. So you may as well just do it all on the app.

Stub

why is it so difficult to activate account

@LLR wrote:

what do I click on to do all that. 

Just have that information available when they do message you as its likely what they are going to ask you. The less time messaging back and forth improves your service time. This way while youvare waiting now you can gather your billing info and have your IMEI number handy so when you get a msg you can immediately respond. I was very lucky today to get a very fast response. I verified my account but had to go to work. So my issue could have been resolved in an hour. Instead I will have til wait til morning at the very least. I'm not complaining and it's not an urgent matter like yours but not being prepared will draw out the process.  I prefer to send info I'm pretty sure they need so they can get to work on it without having to wait for my response. This is only advice...  @GR  suggestion is what most people do.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@LLRClick on the ? on the lower right hand corner of this page

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 10.48.11 AM.png

GR
Mayor / Maire

@LLR i would just wait until the moderators get back to you! They'll get back to you by your inbox on the community and if they need more information they'll tell ask you for it!

LLR

what do I click on to do all that. 

@LLR wrote:

Okay thanks I will give that a try

@GR  advice to contact the moderators is because you probably did not enter the IMEI code correctly. Include the correct code from your device. Despite the activation page asking for it generally it is not needed. I would also include your account #, name of account holder and your pin code from your old provider. This is necessary to port your number successfully as well as your old account to still be active. If you have already submitted the ticket just follow up in a private message to mods giving the additional info and quote your tkt #reference #. Good luck.

LLR

Okay thanks I will give that a try

GR
Mayor / Maire

@LLR  click here to start a conversation with Simon the chat bot and get a ticket and the moderators will get back to you usually within 48 hours but hopefullyuch sooner

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Need Help? Let's chat.